About This File
This is the Battlefield 2 Patch v1.41. The latest patch release is v1.50 (a link to the patch can be found on the Battlefield 2 wiki page).
Note that this patch should only be installed if there are issues installing patch v1.50.
Here is the full list of fixes:
- New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
- New Server Option: No Vehicles mode
- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative to artillery.
- C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
- A prone->crouch delay has been added.
- Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
- Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
- Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
- Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
- Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
- Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
- Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
- Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
- Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching weapons.
- Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
- Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
- Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round on ranked servers.
- The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
- Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
- Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
- Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has spawned in during the preview round.
- Co-Op (Local Server): Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server if the server host is kicked and banned.
- Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
- Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods.
- Front End: Fix server browser issues with updating info.
- Front End, Multiplayer & Co-op: Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players.
- Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working.
- Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box.
- Increased server stability
- All levels (Co-op ): Fixed crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt.
- Server (Linux 32 Dedicated) Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora).
- Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
- Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers.
- Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
- Coop (Local Server): If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
- Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.
- Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
- Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay
- Red/Blue nametag bug: Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag.
- Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting.
- Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult.
- Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground.
- Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items.
- Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving.
- Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this vehicle taking too much damage.
- Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
- Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round.
- Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
- Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
- Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
- Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
- Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
- Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
- Transport Helicopters: Increased the armor of all transport helicopters