About This File
This is the v1.04 patch for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. It is the latest patch available for the game.
Here are the list of fixes:
- Gunfire combat model chart deleted by patch (fixes shotgun problems).
- Shooting through portals should be corrected.
- Players should no longer be able to warp through walls by artificially inducing lag.
- Using the arrow keys to manual join should now show proper graphics.
- Network version number upped to 1.04.
- Removed some bandwidth constants into the code to eliminate possible cheat.
- If a multiplayer game type is restricted to certain missions, only those missions will appear in the server's list.
- The mission list on the server is now alphabetized.
- The currently selected mission is now remembered correctly when switching game types. If the mission is valid for the new game type, it will remain selected.
- Timer bar now shows up properly on clients in multiplayer when game time is changed.
- Biosuits appear properly in coop and adversarial multiplayer.
- People no longer die from poisoning (ex. biolab) in adversarial multiplayer.
- Stats show up properly in all-out survival for people in the gold column.
- Clients will now get correct ambient light values for maps from the server.
- Stats should now be correct when more than one person is shooting at a target when that target dies (previously it would give one shooter the kill but might show the target as having been killed by the other shooter).
- Improved the server validation of gunshots. Clients should have fewer instances where they thought for sure they hit someone near an obstacle but the server rejected it as being blocked.
- Time should now pass at the same rate on all machines. Previously, a high frame rate server might run for 12 minutes before ending a 10 minute game.
- Removed the extra blank line in the end game stats screen when playing Recon / Regroup.
- Fixed the AI turn radius on high-end machines. AI navigation should now be the same on both high-end and low-end machines. AIs should no longer turn in wide arcs on high-end machines.
- Terrorists in Advance mode no longer stop when fired upon (introduced in 1.02 and made the BioLab and Airport far too easy).
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused followers to get peeled off on corners.
- Terrorists should no longer shoot you when all you can see is their elbow.
- Loading a saved game after new operatives have been added no longer crashes.
- You can now win the hostage rescue tutorials by rescuing the hostages (previously you had to kill all the terrorists).
- Some geometry fixes (falling through stairs, can't shoot through water) to the following levels:
- Killhouse 2 Story
- Water Ride
- Road Ambush
- Oil Rig
[*]Fixed some multiplayer cheating issues (mostly players being able to get to spots where they can see and shoot others without being seen or shot) with the following maps:
- Congo Mansion
- Killhouse 2 Story
- Grenades once again light for one frame only.
- Fixed the grenades not always being thrown when released bug.
- Names of kit items no longer overwrite in the kit item selection areas.
- Some more minor spelling corrections.
- Terrorists should no longer appear to be shooting at a point next to you rather than at you.
- Fixed the random crash-when-someone-dies bug. Boy was that ever fun to track down...
- Primary magazines for the shotgun should now look like shotgun shells.