About This File
Original file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/604412/avp2_en_sp1.exe
This is the Aliens versus Predator 2 Single Player Map Update #1. It is the latest version available.
Note that this update requires Patch v22.214.171.124 to be installed first (which can be found on the Aliens versus Predator 2 wiki page).
Here is the list of fixes:
- Removed an environment map from two textures to work around a Voodoo 5 rendering crash in Betrayal.
- Removed a scripted sequence with a guard and facehugger in Betrayal that could fail to trigger correctly under certain rare circumstances.
- Modified a scripted sequence in the crew quarters in Betrayal which could allow a fast-moving player to get to the end of the level without collecting the hacking tool.
- Added a blocker to prevent the player from wedging themselves in beneath the containment module at the beginning of Unexpected Allies.
- Removed an old AI trigger that could potentially have allowed guards to close and lock the door leading to the predator mask in Unexpected Allies, preventing further progress.
- Prevented a situation in Unexpected Allies where gathering two items at the exact same instant could prevent the exit door from opening.
- Prevented a situation in New Target where a player could survive a fall to the bottom of a deep pit and thus get stuck.
- Modified a situation in Surprise which could close a door later in the level if the player pounced up into the air between electrical fields and over the end of the alleyway.