6 Screenshots

About This File

The tools remove black bars from the game at resolutions including 16:10, 21:9 and 32:9.

There will be UI alignment issues, especially noticeable at the world map, but the game appears to be fully playable with no elements out of view.

For the trainer,

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the tool.
  3. Press the hotkey to toggle the fix.

Tested on the latest Steam and Game Pass versions at 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5120x1440. The 16:10 solution was tested on a Steam Deck by Heron. All CE trainers may trigger some anti-virus software.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
Linktree.

What's New in Version 4.0   See changelog

Released

- Replaced the patchers with a trainer for Steam, which should work for all ultrawide resolutions (partly inspired by killer-m's work).
- Added a separate fix for 16:10 and narrower, which should work for the Steam Deck.

The old patchers are available via the changelog button.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Works very well in 2560x1080, but Im using 3840x1080 monitor (32:9).
Can u do the patch for this resolution? Or if u want tell what valours to change on exe file.
Thank you a lot!

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Meulin said:

Will you be updating this for the current denuvo-less version?

I had brief access to the game through a shared account. I wasn't a fan of the idea at all because I knew that would mean no further maintenance. Sorry about this.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Rose said:

I had brief access to the game through a shared account. I wasn't a fan of the idea at all because I knew that would mean no further maintenance. Sorry about this.

Unsure if i misunderstand, but you don't own the game so you don't want to make the patch because it wouldn't be possible to maintain it?

It's on sale now, I'll gift it to you for this purpose(tomorrow)

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Meulin said:

Unsure if i misunderstand, but you don't own the game so you don't want to make the patch because it wouldn't be possible to maintain it?

That's close to how it is. I've not been offered another opportunity but I also don't think I would take it knowing I wouldn't have access to the game in the future. Since Octopath, I've been making patchers and trainers that are usually very reliable and working for months if not years but there's still no guarantee an update wouldn't result in significant code changes and break them - thus the mention of maintenance.

Share this comment

I really hope the original creator will consider making the fix work for the Denuvo free version of the game - your work is extremely appreciated! Hmm I'm using this fix with the latest version on steam and it works - is there something in the OG version that works that doesn't in the latest? - Ah, I see the map etc.. is broken in the UI. Was this how it was in the denuvo version?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, ron_mexico said:

Anyone know where to set the file location for the Game Pass version?

Microsoft Store apps usually do not allow for files modification. Use the trainer!

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Rose said:

Microsoft Store apps usually do not allow for files modification. Use the trainer!

Didn't realize there were two separate versions. Reinstalled using the Game Pass app. Trainer works great! Bought you a coffee. Thanks!

Share this comment

I'm new to Game Pass. Have the game installed on PC and wanted to use this .exe patch but it hasn't been successful for me due to permission on the WindowsApp directory.

Would you mind sharing more information on how exactly we can solve the problem on PC and what does it mean about the two versions of games?

Thanks in advance.

Share this comment

Make sure you download the trainer version. Run the game like normal.   Alt+tab out, run the trainer. Alt+tab back in to the game. F9 for toggle.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, ron_mexico said:

Make sure you download the trainer version. Run the game like normal.   Alt+tab out, run the trainer. Alt+tab back in to the game. F9 for toggle.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:26 PM, ron_mexico said:

Didn't realize there were two separate versions. Reinstalled using the Game Pass app. Trainer works great! Bought you a coffee. Thanks!

Ahh... Now I see what you mean "there were two versions"... I kept thinking that was a zip of the other three. Thanks, will try again 🙂

Share this comment

Hi,

So it worked last night but after hopping on tonight it would not work. I use the trainer since I am playing on the game pass version. I get the same error each time. Here is the clipboard down below.  

C:\Users\Trik6\Downloads\Octopath Traveler Ultrawide trainer.7z: Checksum error in Octopath Traveler Ultrawide.exe. The file is corrupt
    Cannot execute "C:\Users\Trik6\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb2268.49207\Octopath Traveler Ultrawide.exe"

Edit: Delete all folders that are like this, "Rar$EXb2268.49207". Find it by following, "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb2268.49207". Once you delete all of them try to reinstall the trainer took me two tries to get it to work again. Thanks for adding 21:9!

Share this comment