About This File
Original source: The MechWarrior 3 Community Project (archived)
This is the MechWarrior 3 Patch v1.2. It is the latest version available.
The patch is available in the following languages:
- English (EN)
- French (FR)
- German (DE)
Each file is ~6 MB in size.
Here is the change log:
The following problems have been fixed in version 1.2:
- If 8MB 3-D textures are selected, the program no longer crashes after several waves of Instant Action.
- The crackling and popping sounds heard on PCI sound cards (such as the Sound Blaster Live! and Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound cards) have been eliminated.
- The Cauldron Born, Puma, Supernova and Vulture configurations now include Double Heat Sinks instead of regular Heat Sinks.
- If the control setup has been customized, installing the update will no longer reset the controls to Joystick/Keyboard.
The following multiplayer changes have been made in version 1.2:
- Your BattleMech's arms will no longer "flail" around on the other players' screens.
- Your 'Mech will no longer "run in place" on other players' screens.
- If you quickly type uppercase letters and question marks in the multiplayer chat window, the program no longer crashes.
- Weapon groupings are saved after a player dies and respawns.
The following enhancements have been made in version 1.2:
- The ability to add maps has been implemented. New maps will be periodically made available for download from our Web site.
- Multiplayer lag and packet loss have been significantly reduced.
- Reporting of team scores is now possible on the MSN Gaming Zone.
- Two new multiplayer maps, Durgan City and The Spaceport, have been added.
- You can now enter IP addresses using the numeric keypad.