1 Screenshot

About This File

These patches are made using the addresses posted by Reddit user OnkelJupp to remove ultra-widescreen pillarboxing from Horizon Zero Dawn without the need for manual hex editing.

1.  Unpack the archive using the password pcgw
  2. Open the desired patcher and navigate to the game folder where HorizonZeroDawn.exe is located and click Start
  3. Launch the game and set the aspect ratio in the settings to Auto

Included resolutions are 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1600, 5120x2160, 6880x2880 and a combined patcher for 32:9 aspect ratio resolutions 3840x1080 and 5120x1440.

If a desired resolution isn't included with the patches, test use this calculator by first entering one of the included resolutions and then entering the desired resolution. If an exact match is achieved (such as 2560x1080 matching with 3840x1620), you will be able to use the patch compared against without issue.

Tested on the Steam version of the game on versions 1.00 and 1.01, however there should be no issue with using these patches on the Epic Games Store version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i have 3840x1620 can u include this resolution? is aspect ratio 2,37:1 like the 2560x1080 but i want run it on native resolution without upscaling

Share this comment

3 hours ago, akira fudo said:

i have 3840x1620 can u include this resolution? is aspect ratio 2,37:1 like the 2560x1080 but i want run it on native resolution without upscaling

I did a quick test with the 2560x1080 patcher and it seems to be working fine for your resolution. The patchers are only mainly concerned about aspect ratio, not resolution

Share this comment

The new update seems to have broken this, but only when using DLSS or FSR. With these on the cutscenes maintain the same aspect ratio but squished into a 16:9 area. If these are disabled then everything runs as expected.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Thu_Jan_13_17-02-36_2022.png

Share this comment

Seems to be broken in the latest build, DLSS off, aspect ratio auto, 32:9 monitor, all I get is the same pillar boxed cut scene (pillar boxes look like a blurrier version of the main cutscene) and a cutscene with a distorted aspect ratio in the middle of them.

Share this comment