View other files from this member
- Submitted: Nov 05 2017 11:41 AM
- Last Updated: Nov 12 2017 06:18 PM
- File Size: 251.12KB
- Views: 11407
- Downloads: 4847
- Approved by: Blackbird
- Approved on: 12 November 2017 - 06:28 PM
Download Metro Mouse Fix 1.21 Votes
Metro 2033 Last Light Redux Mouse Fix Sensitivity
What is this?
This fix makes Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux use raw mouse input to solve the issue of different sensitivities for horizontal and vertical movement. It also changes the sensitivity range to more reasonable values. It is easy to install and use and does not require any external configuration.
Even though the mouse input in Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux is quite good, both games apply different sensitivities for vertical and horizontal movement. They also have sensitivity settings that are too high for some players who prefer slower movement.
This fix removes these problems by acquiring raw mouse input and injecting it directly into the game's input function.
- Raw mouse input
- Same sensitivity in all directions
- More reasonable sensitivity range
- No additional smoothing or positive/negative mouse acceleration
- Configuration via the ingame settings as usual
- Simple installation and usage without any external configuration
Important: This fix relies on the latest, fully patched executables of the supported versions. Older versions or ones that otherwise have been tempered with might not work.
The fix supports the following versions of Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux:
The fix does not make any permanent changes to the game or the system and can easily be removed (see below).
- Extract the file dinput8.dll to your main game folder*. For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Metro 2033 Redux\"
- Start the game like you would normally, for example directly through Steam or GOG Galaxy
- Remove or rename the dinput8.dll from the folder of the game.
How To Use
After the installation the fix does not require any additional treatment. Just launch and configure the game as usual.
Loading Other Fixes/Mods/Injectors
To increase the compatibility with other fixes, mods or injectors that are also using a dinput8.dll, this fix offers a remote loading feature of additional DLLs. This can be done in two ways:
- File method: The fix DLL will automatically load a DLL that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote.dll. Just rename the DLL file you want to load accordingly. This is the simplest way if you only have a conflict with one additional DLL
- Folder method: The fix DLL will also automatically load all DLL files regardless of their name in a sub-directory that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote. Just create a folder with the corresponding name in the install directory of the fix. This is the only way to load multiple (conflicting) DLLs
What You Should Know
This fix is essentially a hack and relies on the layout of the specific executable. There may be crashes or unexpected issues. Feel free to provide feedback so that the problems can get fixed.
Since the fix consists of an executable DLL-File, I could have put any harmful shenanigans in there. You just have to trust me that the file is clean.
If you don't -- and why should you -- feel free to use a meta online virus scanner like VirusTotal to verify the file. Be aware however, that because the fix uses "hacking techniques" such as injection and hooking, it could trigger anti-virus software without being harmful.
There are currently no known issues with the fix.
I would like to thank Magmarock (Steam/gog), who requested this fix and supported the development.
Contact And Support
If you like this fix and want to support the development or show your appreciation, you can find more information on my website. There you can also find out more about other fixes that I have done and means to contact me if you have a question, want to provide feedback, bug reports or suggestions.
What's New in Version 1.2 (See full changelog)
- The fix now respects the vertical inversion setting
Other files you may be interested in ..
Jun 13 2018 10:02 AM
Feb 13 2018 09:54 PM
Dec 13 2017 02:20 AM
Nov 11 2017 05:57 PM
Nov 09 2017 02:54 AM
Oct 14 2017 04:24 PM
Oct 14 2017 04:07 PM
Oct 07 2017 05:00 PM
- 1059 Total Files
- 19 Total Categories
- 117 Total Authors
- 2068524 Total Downloads
- Silent Hill Homecoming PC Fix by Steam006 Latest File
- Steam006 Latest Submitter
159 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 155 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bing (2), Google (2)