About This File

What is this?

This fix makes Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux use raw mouse input to solve the issue of different sensitivities for horizontal and vertical movement. It also changes the sensitivity range to more reasonable values. It is easy to install and use and does not require any external configuration.

Overview

Description

Even though the mouse input in Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux is quite good, both games apply different sensitivities for vertical and horizontal movement. They also have sensitivity settings that are too high for some players who prefer slower movement.

This fix removes these problems by acquiring raw mouse input and injecting it directly into the game's input function.

Features

• Raw mouse input
  • Same sensitivity in all directions
  • More reasonable sensitivity range
  • No additional smoothing or positive/negative mouse acceleration
  • Configuration via the ingame settings as usual
  • Simple installation and usage without any external configuration

Instructions

Supported Versions

Important: This fix relies on the latest, fully patched executables of the supported versions. Older versions or ones that otherwise have been tempered with might not work.

The fix supports the following versions of Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux:

• Steam/Retail
  • GOG

Install

The fix does not make any permanent changes to the game or the system and can easily be removed (see below).

1. Extract the file dinput8.dll to your main game folder*. For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Metro 2033 Redux\"
  2. Start the game like you would normally, for example directly through Steam or GOG Galaxy

See Loading Other Fixes/Mods/Injectors* for information on how to use the fix with another fix, mod or injector that uses a DLL file with the same name.

Uninstall

1. Remove or rename the dinput8.dll from the folder of the game.

How To Use

After the installation the fix does not require any additional treatment. Just launch and configure the game as usual.

Loading Other Fixes/Mods/Injectors

To increase the compatibility with other fixes, mods or injectors that are also using a dinput8.dll, this fix offers a remote loading feature of additional DLLs. This can be done in two ways:

• File method: The fix DLL will automatically load a DLL that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote.dll. Just rename the DLL file you want to load accordingly. This is the simplest way if you only have a conflict with one additional DLL
  • Folder method: The fix DLL will also automatically load all DLL files regardless of their name in a sub-directory that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote. Just create a folder with the corresponding name in the install directory of the fix. This is the only way to load multiple (conflicting) DLLs

Note that there might still be compatibility issues between the different fixes, mods or injectors that have nothing to do with the loading process.

Additional Information

What You Should Know

This fix is essentially a hack and relies on the layout of the specific executable. There may be crashes or unexpected issues. Feel free to provide feedback so that the problems can get fixed.

Since the fix consists of an executable DLL-File, I could have put any harmful shenanigans in there. You just have to trust me that the file is clean.

If you don't -- and why should you -- feel free to use a meta online virus scanner like VirusTotal to verify the file. Be aware however, that because the fix uses "hacking techniques" such as injection and hooking, it could trigger anti-virus software without being harmful.

Known Issues

There are currently no known issues with the fix.

Acknowledgments

I would like to thank Magmarock (Steam/gog), who requested this fix and supported the development.

Contact And Support

If you like this fix and want to support the development or show your appreciation, you can find more information on my website. There you can also find out more about other fixes that I have done and means to contact me if you have a question, want to provide feedback, bug reports or suggestions.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• The fix now respects the vertical inversion setting

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, just like to say thank you for this mod.
As of this date it works 100% perfectly with 2033 and LastLight redux.
Great work, so damn easy to install.
Copy one file and turn up ingame sense boom done.
Absolute game changer.

Share this comment

Metro 2033 Redux , Epic Store. With dinput8.dll copied to game root , game will crash on startup.

nvm. For Epic version RInput works good

Share this comment

I'm encountering a strange issue when using this fix, which is great by the way thank you. Essentially when I have the compass out the sensitivity becomes extremely high, but reverts to normal once it's been put away. Could there be anything I'm dong wrong or could it be another issue. Playing the steam version of Last Light Redux.

Share this comment