View other files from this member
- Submitted: Nov 19 2017 10:00 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 02 2017 10:07 PM
- File Size: 1.22MB
- Views: 10036
- Downloads: 3206
- Approved by: Blackbird
- Approved on: 02 December 2017 - 10:08 PM
Download New Colossus Tweaker 0.31 Votes
Wolfenstein The New Colossus Head bobbing Motion sickness Crosshair Reticle Fog
What is this?
This mod allows additional tweaking of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. This includes options to adjust the amount of head bobbing, forcing a dot reticle and disable the rendering of fog.
The New Colossus Tweaker (NCT) is a small mod that offers additional options for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. The goal is to fix issues that prevent people from enjoying the game, as well as to provide quality of life improvements.
The mod is still in its infancy with very limited functionality. It may be extended and improved based on user feedback in the future.
- Adjust the amount of head bobbing when moving or turning
- Force the game to always use the dot crosshair regardless of the current weapon
- Disable rendering of fog
Important: This fix relies on the latest, fully patched executables of the supported versions. Older versions or ones that otherwise have been tempered with might not work.
- Steam (uncut version)
- Steam (German version)
The mod does not make any permanent changes to the system, the game or the configuration of the game and can easily be removed (see below).
- Extract the file dinput8.dll to your main game folder. For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wolfenstein.II.The.New.Colossus\".
- Start the NewColossusTweakerGUI.exe to configure the mod as desired
- Start the game like you would normally, for example directly through Steam
- See Loading Other Fixes/Mods/Injectors for information on how to use the mod with another fix, mod or injector that uses a DLL file with the same name.
- You should hear a tweaker loaded message on game launch when the mod was loaded. This sound can be turned off in the config
- The GUI requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 and the Microsoft Visual C 2015 Redistributable package; both of which should already be installed on most systems. If you are having problems starting the program, you can download the required versions here and here
- Remove or rename the dinput8.dll from the folder of the game.
Loading Other Fixes/Mods/Injectors
To increase the compatibility with other fixes, mods or injectors that are also using a dinput8.dll, this fix offers a remote loading feature of additional DLLs. This can be done in two ways:
- File method: The fix DLL will automatically load a DLL that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote.dll. Just rename the DLL file you want to load accordingly. This is the simplest way if you only have a conflict with one additional DLL
- Folder method: The fix DLL will also automatically load all DLL files regardless of their name in a sub-directory that has the same name as itself with the postfix _Remote added to it. For example dinput8_Remote. Just create a folder with the corresponding name in the install directory of the fix. This is the only way to load multiple (conflicting) DLLs
Although the configuration using the GUI should be easy and straight-forward, there are some things to note:
- The GUI provides tooltips with additional information about a setting
- You can change settings while in the game by using the Reload Config binding. Just change the settings in the GUI as necessary, press save and then use the binding to reload the config in-game. You should hear a tweaker reloaded sound message when the reloading was successful
What You Should Know
Since the mod consists of an executable DLL-File, I could have put any harmful shenanigans in there. You just have to trust me that the file is clean.
If you do not -- and why should you -- feel free to use a meta online virus scanner like VirusTotal to verify the file. Be aware however, that because the fix uses "hacking techniques" such as injection and hooking, it could trigger anti-virus software without being harmful.
Adjusting the amount of head bobbing can lead to glitches with the camera in certain situations. This includes issues with the war map, as well as unexpected turns when crawling with the constrictor. Use the corresponding toggle binding to temporarily disable
the bob scaling when necessary.
Contact And Support
If you like this mod and want to support the development or show your appreciation, you can find more information on my website. There you can also find out more about other fixes that I have done and means to contact me if you have a question, want to provide feedback, bug reports or suggestions.
What's New in Version 0.3 (See full changelog)
- Added support for the German version of the game
- 1082 Total Files
- 19 Total Categories
- 121 Total Authors
- 2199411 Total Downloads
- DivX 3.11 Audio Codec Latest File
- Mastersushi Latest Submitter
111 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
3 members, 106 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bing (1), Mastersushi, Maarissrsc, Google (1), Undead