View other files from this member
- Submitted: Aug 11 2017 05:06 PM
- Last Updated: Sep 09 2017 04:26 AM
- File Size: 286.13KB
- Views: 8317
- Downloads: 2924
- Approved by: Suicide machine
- Approved on: 09 September 2017 - 08:25 AM
Download PreyXInputFix 0.41 Votes
Prey Controller Gamepad Sensitivity Invert XInput Xbox v1.05 PS4 DS4
What is this?
This fix resolves the controller issues in Prey that were introduced with patch v1.05, by forcing the game to use XInput instead of the Steam Controller API by Valve.
While Prey offers good controller support, patch v1.05 introduced various issues. Instead of choosing either XInput or the Steam Controller API based on the user settings, the game always uses the latter. This results either in problems with the movement as well as certain controller settings or in the controller not working at all if the user has disabled the usage of the Steam Controller API in game's properties in Steam.
This fix re-enables XInput support and forces the game to use it, regardless of the settings.
Important: This fix is is designed for latest, fully patched Steam installation of Prey and might crash when it is used with any other version than v1.05.
The fix does not make any permanent changes to the game or the system and can easily be removed (see below).
Important: When using a non-XInput controller such as the DS4, you will need a XInput emulator like DS4Windows for this fix to work
- Open the archive and choose the button prompts you want to use by opening the corresponding folder
- Extract the file dinput8.dll to the release sub-folder of Prey. For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Prey\Binaries\Danielle\x64\Release\"
- Start the game like you would normally, for example directly through Steam or Big Picture mode
- Important: If the fix does not work, make sure that you have turned off the usage of the Steam Controller API (see below)
The safest way to do this is the following:
- In the Steam client go to the menu Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings
- Make sure PS4/XBox Configuration Support is checked
- Go to Big Picture mode and find Prey in you library
- Click Mange Game -> Controller Options and uncheck Use Steam Configuration for Non-Steam Controllers
- Uncheck the setting from step 1 again, depending on whether it was checked in the first place
- Remove or rename the dinput8.dll from the folder of the game.
How To Use
After the installation the fix does not require any additional treatment. Just launch and configure the game as usual.
What You Should Know
This fix is essentially a hack and relies on the layout of the specific executable. There may be crashes or unexpected issues. Feel free to provide feedback so that the problems can get fixed.
Since the fix consists of an executable DLL-File, I could have put any harmful shenanigans in there. You just have to trust me that the file is clean.
If you don't -- and why should you -- feel free to use a meta online virus scanner like VirusTotal to verify the file. Be aware however, that because the fix uses "hacking techniques" such as injection and hooking, it could trigger anti-virus software without being harmful.
There are currently no known issues with using the fix.
Contact And Support
If you like this fix and want to support the development or show your appreciation, you can find more information on my website. There you can also find out more about other fixes that I have done and means to contact me if you have a question, want to provide feedback, bug reports or suggestions.
What's New in Version 0.4 (See full changelog)
- Controller movement no longer gets stuck on interactive items when using PS4 prompts
- 913 Total Files
- 19 Total Categories
- 99 Total Authors
- 1671640 Total Downloads
- MandaloreGaming's Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior Configuration File Latest File
- ThatOneReaper Latest Submitter
187 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 184 guests, 0 anonymous users
Google (1), Bing (2)