About This File
This mod fixes various mouse and keyboard related input issues in NieR: Automata. Its features include raw mouse input for camera and aim movement, an entirely new crosshair aiming mode, non-standard bindings for dash/evade, pod auto-fire and more.
Quick start guide:
Important: If you currently have NAIOM v1.3.0 or older installed, remove the
XInput1_3.dll from the games’s directory first!
Extract the file
dinput8.dllto your main game folder. For example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NieRAutomata\".
NAIOM-GUI.exeto configure the mod (might require .NET runtime 3.1.0)
- Start the game as usual, for example directly through Steam
The NieR: Automata Input Overhaul Mod (NAIOM) aims to solve all keyboard and mouse related issues in the game. As many other rough PC ports, NieR was primarily designed with a controller in mind and internally maps keyboard and mouse input to gamepad controls. This leads to various issue, including negative and positive mouse acceleration, as well as weird controls in certain perspectives, e.g. when aiming in side-scrolling mode.
Its features include:
- Raw mouse input without any acceleration or smoothing
- Precise sensitivity configuration (calibrated for KovaaK’s SensitivityMatcher)
- Fixed camera movement in third-person perspective
- New (optional) crosshair aiming mode for side-scrolling and top-down perspective
- New (optional) mouse cursors for menu and hacking (made by DevianArt user JulioDRai)
- Completely rebindable standard actions to any key or button combination including additional mouse buttons
- Non-standard keybindings, such as a dedicated dash/evade and pod fire toggle
Compatible with FAR/SpecialK mod (must be configured to not use
- In the third-person view the camera might sometimes judder when it is near obstacles, such as walls. This has only partially to do with the mod, since the issue also occurs without it, but might just be more noticeable with it enabled
- Using the bindings of the mod does currently not change the ingame button prompts
- The new aiming mod crosshair is sometimes slightly misaligned
- When using the new aiming mode the crosshair does currently also activate in situations where the aiming direction is fixed, e.g. in the side-scrolling flying mode
- The non-standard item switch bindings currently do not work as described in the tooltip when certain items are equipped
This mod is designed for the latest version of the game and might not be compatible with older or modified executables!
- Steam (patch 1, including YoRHa Edition)
What's New in Version 1.4.0 See changelog
- Migrated mod to game version v1.1/patch 1
- Migrated GUI to .NET Core 3.1
- Fixed pursuit speed when third-person fix is disabled
- Mitigated judder near ground and walls when third-person fix is enabled