An addon file to restore back SafeDisc function to Windows 10 and above.
Download this file. Extract to a temporary location on the system. Run install (run as admin).bat As the service may still not work due to lack of a digital signature , refer to these instructions to disable driver signature verification in the operating system and sign the driver with a custom digital signature.
Alien vs Predator 2 Vision Fix
All credit goes to KingKenny.
With some modern systems Alien vs Predator 2 has a problem with alternative vision modes for the Alien, & Predator, instead of displaying the alternative visions, the game displays a black screen, this fix resolves this.
A) Extract or copy the VISIONFIX.rez file from the .zip and place it in your custom folder in your Alien Versus Predator 2 directory. If you dont have a custom folder, you must make one. *Hold mouse>Right click>New>Folder*
B) Start AVP2.exe. Click "OPTIONS" on the launcher window with the picture of the queen.
C) To run the Vision Mode Fix, type the following in the command line exactly as follows:
D) Check "Always specify these command-line parameters."
E) You will know if you installed the Vision Mode Fix correctly if you have working alien night vision and predator nav vision modes once again.
You can also start the fix by adding it as a launch option, in the target of your desktop shorcut, simply copy the same command line: -rez custom/VISIONFIX.rez
So I was on chapter 3 episode 2 and right after i beat lucci, the game sent me to a black screen and the game locked. did this again, same thing. I went on the steam forums and apparently if you remove the EVENT and MOVIE folder and move it out of the folder, the next time you play, you wont get movies and moving cutscenes but you will be able to progress past these screens https://steamcommunity.com/app/331600/discussions/0/517142892068459776/
what I would like to know is if there's another way to get around this black screens people are having issues with. the only thing i can think of is download a trainer and set the speed to 0.1 right before the transition. this worked with a recent omega force game, persona 5 strikers (i tested using the leaked denvoless steam branch) right after the kyoto boss. i don't know if that'll happen each time you decide to play that game but it is a slight inconvenience. i have not yet tried pw3 with a trainer yet so i don't know if that works.
so the only fix for this is removing 2 core folders that make up the game out of the folder thus removing some of the experience. I just want to know if anyone knows or wants to make a fan patch/.bat file that fixes these issues. from what it seems the game can be easily modded through .bat files if that xbox button prompt mod is of any indication.
Widescreen & Multiplayer for Contract J.A.C.K
- Supports monitor aspect ratio 16:9, 16:10 and resolution up to 1920x1080.
- change Field of View FOV 95 / FOV 110.
- Fix by Spawn for Multiplayer / Dedicated server for playing online (GameSpy.dll file)
- Fix by B.Vorontsov for comfortable play on Windows 10 (d3d8.dll file)
- Fix "Catastrophic failure" error for Windows 10
After setting a new resolution using WideScreenFix_CJ Do not open the Display menu in the game!
Otherwise, geometric distortions will occur and you will have to restart the game.
1. Before installing, upgrade the game Contract J.A.C.K. up to version 1.1.
2. Install the latest Official DirectX version (June 2010) https://www.download3k.com/Install-DirectX-Redistributable.html
3. In the properties of the game shortcut, specify compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and specify the launch from the Administrator:
ContractJACK Shortcut -> Right Mouse Button -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run the program in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 -> Run the program as Administrator
4. Run WideScreenFix_CJ.exe, Select FOV, select the aspect ratio and resolution of your display.
The widescreen patch WideScreenFix_CJ will be automatically installed into your game on the way from the Registry.
If the automatic installation of WideScreenFix_CJ.exe does not work, then copy all files from the "Files_for_Manual_installation" folder to the game folder.
Then follow the instructions "Self-installation WideScreenFix_CJ" (see at the end of the text).
5. Adjusting mouse parameters For smooth play and accurate shooting (see picture):
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse sensitivity -> minimum
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse Smoothing -> Maximum
6. How to play over the Internet and how to create a game server read in the "Fix Multiplayer" folder
7. How to install stable FPS for the display on Windows 10 read in the "Fix for Windows 10" folder
8. How to fix the error "Catastrophic failure" for Windows 10 read in the "Fix Catastrophic failure error" folder
Reinstall WideScreenFix_CJ in Restore to Default mode.
Known BUGS & SOLUTIONS
Unzip and read file "readme_WideScreenCJ.txt"
Who's Online 0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 460 Guests (See full list)
There are no registered users currently online
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.