1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a program to unlock the framerate in the game Astalon: Tears of the Earth. It's made with Cheat Engine so some Antivirus software will flag it. Extract the archive with the password pcgw

The game has a forced 60 fps cap and no Vsync, and from my testing it also has issues with freesync/gsync so it's pretty bad. With this tool you can unlock the FPS which will eliminate input lag and get really smooth motion on camera panning. Since you will probably get 1000+ fps, if you want an fps limit use the Scanline Sync feature from Riva Tuner Statistics Server, which will cap it your refresh rate, eliminate judder and tearing with almost no input lag.

Instructions:

1. Extract the archive with the password pcgw
  2. Open the tool.
  3. Start the game.
  4. It should get patched automatically and you should hear a sound effect, otherwise press F1.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi,

This has quite the number of detections on VirusTotal as a result of the use of CheatEngine.

Can you upload a new version of the file in a password protected .rar or .7z archive instead? The password should be "pcgw".

Br,

Aemony

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Aemony said:

Hi,

This has quite the number of detections on VirusTotal as a result of the use of CheatEngine.

Can you upload a new version of the file in a password protected .rar or .7z archive instead? The password should be "pcgw".

Br,

Aemony

Hello, I reuploaded the file just like you said.

Share this comment

In my experience the game normally caps the FPS to 59 while setting a 60Hz refresh rate in Fullscreen Exclusive mode. So you'd get a small amount of consistent judder on 60Hz windowed and 60Hz fullscreen modes.

Nice to see there's a mod to adjust the games FPS cap, so it can be set to 60 for 60Hz displays. Alternatively you could use Special K to make the game set the windowed & fullscreen modes to 59Hz if your monitor supports it.

Share this comment

Thank you for making this 🙂

I've found capping the game to 100fps with this is the best result.

This is because, like many Unity games, the game's character movement updates at 50fps, so any refresh rate that's not a multiple of 50 causes judder.

Share this comment