6 Screenshots

About This File

Comes with a RAR file, which includes IGI.exe binaries for 5:4, 15:9, 16:9, 16:10, 25:16, 21:9, 32:9 and 48:9 aspect ratios. You still need the original CD inserted or mounted in order to play the game with this fix.

Instructions:
- Extract the executable that corresponds to the aspect ratio you want to use, to the root game folder, replacing any original files.

- Choose a resolution in the game settings that matches the aspect ratio you chose above, and upscale the HUD size of a lower resolution to a higher one using dgVoodoo2.

Credits also go to: AuToMaNiAk005

Password: pcgw

What's New in Version v2

Released

Fixed the camera FOV for the various aspect ratios, gunmodel FOV is increased to the max it can, since the gun model isn't rendered besides a certain FOV value.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've tried this fix, but replacing the original EXE file with the 16 x 9 EXE from this patch will result in the game asking for the CD-ROM, even if you have the original disc in an optical drive or have mounted a ISO image made from the original disc. I'm trying to run this as administrator within Windows 11 and using the Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. I've tried this on two different PC's.

it would be really neat if I could play this again in 16 x 9 at 2560 x 1440 before IGI: Origins comes out. 

IGI Disc.png

Share this comment

3 hours ago, hemanshugame said:

how to remove CD CHECK by hex code .

You need a specific version of the game, I think. That's the one that I patched the exe. You can also follow this tutorial for your version: 

Share this comment

22 hours ago, AlphaYellow said:

You need a specific version of the game, I think. That's the one that I patched the exe. You can also follow this tutorial for your version: 

Thanks

Share this comment

On 2/18/2023 at 6:34 PM, metzman said:

I've tried this fix, but replacing the original EXE file with the 16 x 9 EXE from this patch will result in the game asking for the CD-ROM, even if you have the original disc in an optical drive or have mounted a ISO image made from the original disc. I'm trying to run this as administrator within Windows 11 and using the Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. I've tried this on two different PC's.

it would be really neat if I could play this again in 16 x 9 at 2560 x 1440 before IGI: Origins comes out. 

IGI Disc.png

So I did a bit of digging on what versions have this error and what don't. The NA version in the installer in the upper left corner of the screen and the in-game menus says I'm Going In (NOT Project I.G.I.) and works, and while both the original EU version and the EU re-release in the installer in the upper left corner of the screen and the in-game menus say Project I.G.I. (NOT I'm Going In), the re-release doesn't work and will keep asking for a CD, so for now I'm concluding that it's an issue with the EU re-release. And one more thing, while the original EU version writes Project I.G.I. in both the installer and the menu and works, if you apply the widescreen exe, it will write I'm Going In in the menu (but it will still work), so if you want the widescreen patch to work straight out of the box, you'll have to get the original EU or NA releases and not the EU re-release. My guess is that there were a bit of modified codes between the EU re-release and the original EU & NA releases back in the day.

IGI EU Menu After Widescreen Patch.png

IGI NA Installer.png

IGI EU Installer.png

IGI EU Menu Before Widescreen Patch.png

IGI NA Menu Before and After Widescreen Patch.png

Share this comment