Zombie Army 4 Dead War ultrawide cutscenes fix

6 Screenshots

About This File

The tool previously allowed to change field of view, but as of the May 12, 2020 game update, there is an FOV slider in the game.
The remaining functionality is removing black bars from the cutscenes at 32:9 and wider resolutions.

• Simply unpack the archive and use the small patcher to target the ZA4_dx12 and/or ZA4_vulkan executable in the game folder depending on your preferred graphics API.
  • Be mindful of the large file size of the executables which will be backed up and take up space if left untouched.

Tested the latest EGS Vulkan and DX12 game versions at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 3.0.1   See changelog

Released

3.0.1:
Added a trainer that may or may not work for the Microsoft Store version.

3.0:

The latest game update removed the old code, so it is time to start over:

• Completely overhauled and made into a patcher to remove black bars from the cutscenes at 32:9 and wider.
  • Removed the non-functional killcam black bars removal code made impossible to maintain with the release of the game on multiple storefronts.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

22 hours ago, debay said:

FOV works great, but black bars remover somehow does not?

Anyone else having that issue?

In the current version, do you first press F9 at any time, then F8 when the black bars first appear?

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Rose said:

In the current version, do you first press F9 at any time, then F8 when the black bars first appear?

Yes, it also turns to the green font as I press F9, but F8 does not remove the black bars for me. (Vulkan)

Share this comment

7 hours ago, debay said:

Yes, it also turns to the green font as I press F9, but F8 does not remove the black bars for me. (Vulkan)

Very strange. The green text is a good sign though.
Are you on the latest game version? What is your resolution? Can you confirm that you press F8 at kill cameras or cutscenes, not before or after them?

Share this comment

Not working for me. I started the game, started the mod, hit F10 and then hitting F5 and or F6 with no visible change. Is there even supposed to be a sound when hitting any buttons to let you know its functioning? Cause if so I hear nothing on key presses. Also tried running the mod as Admin and nothing.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, chachardus said:

The trainer is not working anymore since last game update (june, 22). It was working flawlessly before this update.

The removal of black bars from the cutscenes still works fine on my end. For the kill cams, the solution was offset-based, making it virtually impossible to support the Epic, Microsoft Store and Steam versions at once.

Share this comment

8/24/21 = Playing at 32:9. The F9 cutscenes black bar remover is not working for me. When pressing F8, remove kill camera black bars, the text turns green on the trainer itself. But nothing seems to happen at all when I press F9. This is on Vulkan. Should I maybe try running the game using DX12 instead?

Share this comment

12 hours ago, wkduffy said:

8/24/21 = Playing at 32:9. The F9 cutscenes black bar remover is not working for me. When pressing F8, remove kill camera black bars, the text turns green on the trainer itself. But nothing seems to happen at all when I press F9. This is on Vulkan. Should I maybe try running the game using DX12 instead?

The old code targeted by the trainer was nowhere to be found after the latest game update, so as I looked for the new code to modify, I also felt it would be nice to clean up, so the result is an up-to-date patcher that will allow you to remove the black bars from the cutscenes.

Share this comment