6 Screenshots

About This File

The solution removes the black bars from the game at ultrawide and wider resolutions.

1. Download the mod archive.
  2. Unpack the files to \LostEmber\Binaries\Win64\ inside the game folder.

The issues of stretched FMVs and potential lack of controls to browse through the legendary animals menu are known. Press the arrow keys at the latter if necessary.

Tested on the latest Steam version primarily at 2560x1080.

You can support my work here.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

• Completely remade the ultrawide solution to make it into an easy drag-and-drop fix, now perfectly matching the vertical FOV of 16:9 at every scene.
  • Removed the FOV changer functionality that no longer worked. There are other tools like the UE4 unlocker that allow to control the FOV.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello Rose.

i have the game on Steam. i followed the instructions but The tool doesn't work 😞   no changes even if "green" options are activated.

i tried in full screen and windowed. 

thank you anyway for all your work :)

Best regards

2023-01-29_08h01_05.png

2023-01-29_07h58_59.png

Share this comment

5 hours ago, greatxerox said:

Hello Rose.

i have the game on Steam. i followed the instructions but The tool doesn't work 😞   no changes even if "green" options are activated.

i tried in full screen and windowed. 

thank you anyway for all your work 🙂

Best regards

Thanks for the report. I completely remade the solution to make it work and bring it up to parity with my latest fixes.

Share this comment

thank you for your reactivity Rose !!

In UE4 unlocked, i'm unable to change the FOV or open the console even if i change hotkeys. 

Some keys work like camera but FOV keys don't react, that's strange. (i'm newbie)

have an idea please ?

2023-01-29_15h44_13.png

Share this comment

1 hour ago, greatxerox said:

thank you for your reactivity Rose !!

In UE4 unlocked, i'm unable to change the FOV or open the console even if i change hotkeys. 

Some keys work like camera but FOV keys don't react, that's strange. (i'm newbie)

have an idea please ?

The unlocker is not necessary here, so I just suggested it as an alternative to those who would like to increase their FOV beyond the native values. Try restarting the game and injecting it later into the game launch. If the console doesn't pop up though, I don't think it's possible to adjust the FOV that way (otherwise via "FOV your_value_here"). The menu FOV function is specifically for its photo mode, not anything else.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Rose said:

The unlocker is not necessary here, so I just suggested it as an alternative to those who would like to increase their FOV beyond the native values. Try restarting the game and injecting it later into the game launch. If the console doesn't pop up though, I don't think it's possible to adjust the FOV that way (otherwise via "FOV your_value_here"). The menu FOV function is specifically for its photo mode, not anything else.

Thank you for your informations, i learnt some things 🙂

As i don't know how to change the FOV, i'll use the VR alternate version.

Best regards 🙂

Share this comment