[FOV]
Additional_FOV = 0.000

FOV value in degrees that will be added to current FOV

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

SUWSF based version

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @killer-m thanks so much for putting this mod together and finally making the game playable for me. Back in 2008 around release time I bounced off Stranglehold because the FOV was way too tight for me to be able to bear. The old WSGF mod only worked for v1.0 and I'm very grateful that your FOV mod is working on GOG's new v1.1 version too. 

I've shot some video of the game running in ultrawide with your FOV mod. I'm really impressed that it also adjusts FOV in the menu as well!

Share this comment

The fix doesn't work with tenkeyless keyboards unfortunately since it doesn't recognize the FN+5/6 combination on those...

To change hotkeys, open "patches\main.patch" file in the text editor.

Сhange these values

#bind [PRESSED:VK_F5]
#bind [PRESSED:VK_F6]
#bind [PRESSED:VK_F7]

to the keys you want.

Get virtual key code value from here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-tvtt/261ddfb0-ce10-4380-9b7a-4b50f482b8ec

Share this comment

Please can someone help me, I've not been able to get this to work! I'm using the GoG 1.1 version of the game, which it apparently does work with.

This is what I'm doing step by step, can you let me know please if I'm doing anything wrong? (I've also tried restarting these steps after verifing and repairing the game via the GoG menu):

- I've downloaded the folder 'Stranglehold GOG FOV'.

- That folder has two files in its root directory, 'dinput8.dll' and 'Settings'. There is a further folder, 'patches', which has as third file inside, 'main.patch'.

- I've copied all three of these files to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Stranglehold\Binaries, overwriting if asked to.

- I've started to play Stranglehold, making sure first that Overlay does not have Access GOG Galaxy features in-game ticked.

I have no new resolutions in the main Settings menu (max is still 1920x1080). Then I begin a new game, with Tequila standing there in the street, and even though I've rebound the keys, having opened main.patch within the Binaries folder using Notepad++, nothing happens when I press them (like nothing happened with I had pressed F5 or F6).

Please can you help? I'd really appreciate it, as I'm desperate to make this game playable and am becoming so frustrated!

Thank you :-)

Share this comment

On 12/5/2019 at 7:26 PM, killer-m said:

To change hotkeys, open "patches\main.patch" file in the text editor.

Сhange these values

#bind [PRESSED:VK_F5]
#bind [PRESSED:VK_F6]
#bind [PRESSED:VK_F7]

to the keys you want.

Get virtual key code value from here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-tvtt/261ddfb0-ce10-4380-9b7a-4b50f482b8ec

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, Andytizer said:

Perhaps it's possible to use AutoHotKey to make a F5 and F6 script?

I can't get this mod to work, do you think you could help me? Please see my reply in full at the end of this chain, with what I have tried step by step. Thank you!

Share this comment

On 11/29/2019 at 12:00 PM, Andytizer said:

Hi @killer-m thanks so much for putting this mod together and finally making the game playable for me. Back in 2008 around release time I bounced off Stranglehold because the FOV was way too tight for me to be able to bear. The old WSGF mod only worked for v1.0 and I'm very grateful that your FOV mod is working on GOG's new v1.1 version too. 

I've shot some video of the game running in ultrawide with your FOV mod. I'm really impressed that it also adjusts FOV in the menu as well!

I can't get this mod to work, do you think you could help me? Please see my reply in full at the end of this chain, with what I have tried step by step. Thank you!

Share this comment

Hi @wilfriedzaha111,

try to edit the value inside the Settings.ini

e.g. 50.000 with that you will see already in the menu a big difference in the FOV

The shortcuts (F5-F7) do not work for me as well. Maybe try to have the patches folder as well like this: Stranglehold\Binaries\patches (I do not know if that is  important).

Share this comment

1 hour ago, grazy9999 said:

Hi @wilfriedzaha111,

try to edit the value inside the Settings.ini

e.g. 50.000 with that you will see already in the menu a big difference in the FOV

The shortcuts (F5-F7) do not work for me as well. Maybe try to have the patches folder as well like this: Stranglehold\Binaries\patches (I do not know if that is  important).

YES! It now works! Thank you so much 🙂

Share this comment