Hollow Knight Ultrawide and Multimon Hack

2 Screenshots

About This File

Password for the archives is PCGW

Baseline (Widescreen) Solution & Issues

To remove black bars at 16:10 resoltions, replace hollow_knight.exe in the game folder from this archive:

Ultra/Super-Wide (21:9/32:9) Specific Solution & Issues

Replace hollow_knight.exe in the game folder from this archive:

OR

HEX edit Aspect Ratio: Go to --> ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Hollow Knight\hollow_knight_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
Look for 39 8E E3 3F and change EVERY Instance to 60 E5 18 40.

Eyefinity / Surround Specific Solution & Issues

Replace hollow_knight.exe in the game folder from this archive:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest not working

Posted

Replacing my Steam game with any of the exe's results in errors when launching.

I cannot find "39 8E E3 3F" using an hex editor (HxD)  in Assembly-CSharp.dll

Could you please update / help?

Thank you in advance

Share this comment

use "39 8E 63 40" for 32:9. I tested and it works like a charmunknown.png

Share this comment

Guest 48:9 Support?

Posted

So none of the above exe files work anymore. Does anyone have the hex edit for us surround users at a 48:9 aspect ratio?

Share this comment

Why have three files that aren't distinguishable? How am I supposed to know which file I'm using when two share the same .exe name... Jesus christ.

Share this comment

Just now, Infek said:

Why have three files that aren't distinguishable? How am I supposed to know which file I'm using when two share the same .exe name... Jesus christ.

The false flagging by Google left the founder of WSGF with no choice but to reupload all of the hundreds of files. He's been doing it manually and with almost no outside help. It's natural that some of the files do not have perfect descriptions, as the original authors have nothing to do with the uploads anymore.

It would be easier for you to try out each one than it has been for skipclarke to preserve the files as they are.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Rose said:

The false flagging by Google left the founder of WSGF with no choice but to reupload all of the hundreds of files. He's been doing it manually and with almost no outside help. It's natural that some of the files do not have perfect descriptions, as the original authors have nothing to do with the uploads anymore.

It would be easier for you to try out each one than it has been for skipclarke to preserve the files as they are.

Knowing that, is there anything I can do to contribute to the uploaded files to make it more accurate?

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Infek said:

Knowing that, is there anything I can do to contribute to the uploaded files to make it more accurate?

I can rename the archives in this particular case based on your feedback. You can also communicate directly with skipclarke via the WSGF Discord server that can be found through the website.

Share this comment

If anyone is still having issues, I spent the last half an hour trying to get the game to run in 2560x1080 and finally managed to do it. 

All of the files on this page made my game crash on startup or didn't do anything.

Full credit to onelittleturtle and DireChicken on reddit for providing a solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/a8qgyb/hollow_knight_219_fix/

You need to Modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll file yourself, using a hex editor and edit the file located at:

hollow_knight_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

All you need to do is replace all "39 8E E3 3F" values with "26 B4 17 40" and the game will work fine in ultrawide. It works fine on my 2560x1080, I am not sure about other resolutions as I don't have any other ultrawide monitors.

I have attached my Assembly-CSharp.dll to this post which has the fix applied already. All I edited were the values above.

If you are having an issue with black bars on top/bottom/sides in-game after editing it, the solution is to:

1) Verify the game files to re-download the original Assembly-CSharp.dll

2) Delete the Hollow Knight folder in the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team Cherry\Hollow Knight\

3) Do the hexedit as described above

4)  Launch the game

Hope this helps!

Assembly-CSharp.dll

Share this comment

Has anyone had any luck with getting vert+ for 16:10? I hex edited Assembly-CSharp.dll, and replaced all 39 8E E3 3F to CD CC CC 3F, but it did hor-, and cuts off parts of the edges of the screen. The exes above dont work for me on my gog version.

Share this comment

I changed the values and ultrawide works fine but when the character comes to the side edge of the screen a black bar appears (only when I'm at the edge), should it be like that or can it be fixed somehow?

Share this comment

On 11/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, horus said:

If anyone is still having issues, I spent the last half an hour trying to get the game to run in 2560x1080 and finally managed to do it. 

All of the files on this page made my game crash on startup or didn't do anything.

Full credit to onelittleturtle and DireChicken on reddit for providing a solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/a8qgyb/hollow_knight_219_fix/

You need to Modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll file yourself, using a hex editor and edit the file located at:

hollow_knight_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

All you need to do is replace all "39 8E E3 3F" values with "26 B4 17 40" and the game will work fine in ultrawide. It works fine on my 2560x1080, I am not sure about other resolutions as I don't have any other ultrawide monitors.

I have attached my Assembly-CSharp.dll to this post which has the fix applied already. All I edited were the values above.

If you are having an issue with black bars on top/bottom/sides in-game after editing it, the solution is to:

1) Verify the game files to re-download the original Assembly-CSharp.dll

2) Delete the Hollow Knight folder in the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team Cherry\Hollow Knight\

3) Do the hexedit as described above

4)  Launch the game

Hope this helps!

The fil works for me at 3440*1440 resolution. Thanks.

Assembly-CSharp.dll 3.21 MB · 701 downloads

Share this comment