19 Screenshots

About This File

Anima Edition for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are separate installs for both 2560x1080, 3440x1440 and 5120x1440.

Follow the steps below in order.

1. I recommend playing in 2.25x DSR DL Mode. Set 2,25x DSR DL Mode via nvidia control panel and set desktop to 2.25x DSR DL Mode resolution. 

2. Launch game and select borderless windowed mode in game launcher. Also select high video quality settings and 2560x1440 or 1920x1080.

3. Launch one of the games from the game launcher. Once ingame press escape and select ultrawide resolution in graphics options. Tweak graphics options to max and close game.

4. Download the file specific to your monitor and drop the files in your Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster steam game folder.

5. Start game. Happy Gaming.

All fixes are listed below.

Custom Render Resolutions revamped.

8k Fog, Textures and Shadows added.

High Quality Effects added.

Custom UI for FFX. FFX-2 partially fixed UI for now.

Sphere Grid Revamped Upscaled for FFX.

Outdoor Aspect Ratio fixed for all .exe's. 

Indoor Aspect Ratio fixed for all .exe's. True scrolling on 4x3 added to FFX only for now.

Map Fixed for both FFX and FFX-2. 

Large address aware added for extra stability for both FFX and FFX-2.

And lots more!

You can report anything wrong with the mod on here or on WSGF discord channel.

There is still small things to fix with FFX. FFX-2 I will still have to work on the UI and indoor 4x3 scrolling.

Shout out to the team from WSGF for the support!

This mod couldnt have been done without Phantom's SUWSF module. Big shout out to PhantomGamers! 

https://github.com/phantomgamers/suwsf#module 

Cheers everyone and I hope you enjoy the ultrawide fix.

What's New in Version 3.0.0   See changelog

Released

Added new aspect ratio control. Fixed effects and added 2560x1080 profile.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi kamiccolo, thank you for making ultrawide in FF X possible.

I downloaded (2560x1080 version on 16 July 2022) the latest version and I want to report 2 bugs that I noticed:

1. Abilities Icons are strech when you "Display Status" in Sphere Grid.

2. In the "Help", texts are seems strecth or perhaps spaced too much.

I hope you can fix these bugs.

Icons.jpg

help.jpg

Share this comment

Nice...I await the updated one.

Okay, I just tried it with FF X-2 and there are 2 bugs:

1. The icons in "Dresspheres" are missing.

2. The ATB bar is glitching.

===================================================================

Note: I tried enable/disable some of the patches to see if there are any effect, here what I found:

a. the bugs in FF X can be fixed if I disable "RendererAspectRatiowidth" and "RendererAspectRatiohight" for FF X; change the "Module=auto" to "Module=FFX-2.exe". If I disable them completely, it will affect FF X-2 UI.

b. the missing icons in "Dresspheres" can be fixed if I disable "Subtitlesfix2". However, I don't know if there's an aftereffect.

I hope my testings can be of some help.

atb.jpg

dress.jpg

Share this comment

Hmm interesting the dress pheres should be working fine. I'll have to check. Make sure you downloaded the latest one.

Share this comment

Hey thanks for the fix it's really sweet - I was wondering if you had the edits handy for 32:9 support? I saw on the wiki that the ini can be modified to support it and was wondering what those changes are. Thanks!

Share this comment

7 hours ago, syves__ said:

Hey thanks for the fix it's really sweet - I was wondering if you had the edits handy for 32:9 support? I saw on the wiki that the ini can be modified to support it and was wondering what those changes are. Thanks!

There is going to be an update comming out soon. You will be able to play at 32x9 with the update.

Share this comment

On 8/24/2022 at 4:26 AM, kamiccolo said:

There is going to be an update comming out soon. You will be able to play at 32x9 with the update.

Would love that! Looking forward to it :)

Share this comment

13 hours ago, kamiccolo said:

Novo mod saindo nos próximos dias. Mabe post hoje. Eu consertei tudo.

Wonderful, could you put a tutorial on how to install the mod? And how to select the monitor that the game will open? because mine always opens on the same monitor (which is not the ultrawild)

Share this comment

Yeah I can make a tutorial. I would have to look into monitor specific loading. I don't know if the game has that capability to select which monitor to run on. It will run on your main monitor.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, kamiccolo said:

Yeah I can make a tutorial. I would have to look into monitor specific loading. I don't know if the game has that capability to select which monitor to run on. It will run on your main monitor.

Yes, it will always open on the main monitor I just tested. The installation is just putting the files in the main folder of the game? J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY FFX&FFX-2 HD Remaster I did it this way and the 2560 x 1080 option didn't appear 😞 or did I do something wrong? Sorry to bother you, but I don't have much knowledge about it, I couldn't even put the final fantasy XV in 2560 x 1080
image.png.8862a9fdc1873b69ae1874b7d8778952.png

Share this comment

Dump files in the folder. Select resolution ingame or optionally download the fixed ffx launcher. The launcher isn't needed if you select resolution In game. Press escape.

Share this comment

On 8/26/2022 at 11:50 PM, amstafff said:

Would love that! Looking forward to it 🙂

Have you tried the 32x9? Let me know if it's working properly.

Share this comment

Hi, first of all, thank you for this mod. It works flawlessly for FFX-2 and FFX-2 Last Mission (launches Credits and Bonus Audio fine but not with ultrawide and with black bars but I can live with that) but strangely this mod does not allow me to run FFX nor FFX Eternal Calm at all. Upon starting up FFX and FFX Eternal Calm from the launcher it just hangs for a bit in the blue 'STOP' status from the Steam game screen and then the game just closes on its own...very odd. In case you are wondering what my setup is, I am using a Steam Deck in Desktop Mode. If this mod was only designed to be used in Windows, I guess you found a new discovery yay? However, I just wanted to bring to your attention about this discovery I made that others may also encounter in the future as well. Its a bummer that the mod works for only 2 games in the package but I guess it's better than nothing but would really appreciate if you could provide a solution that will make FFX and FFX Eternal Calm function properly that would be awesome! BTW, I tried all 3 downloads all the same result only FFX-2 and FFX-2 Last Mission works flawlessly, Credits and Bonus Audio launches fine but with no ultrawide support, and FFX and FFX Eternal Calm does not even start up to check to see if the mods work for those games.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, jhk112490 said:

Hi, first of all, thank you for this mod. It works flawlessly for FFX-2 and FFX-2 Last Mission (launches Credits and Bonus Audio fine but not with ultrawide and with black bars but I can live with that) but strangely this mod does not allow me to run FFX nor FFX Eternal Calm at all. Upon starting up FFX and FFX Eternal Calm from the launcher it just hangs for a bit in the blue 'STOP' status from the Steam game screen and then the game just closes on its own...very odd. In case you are wondering what my setup is, I am using a Steam Deck in Desktop Mode. If this mod was only designed to be used in Windows, I guess you found a new discovery yay? However, I just wanted to bring to your attention about this discovery I made that others may also encounter in the future as well. Its a bummer that the mod works for only 2 games in the package but I guess it's better than nothing but would really appreciate if you could provide a solution that will make FFX and FFX Eternal Calm function properly that would be awesome! BTW, I tried all 3 downloads all the same result only FFX-2 and FFX-2 Last Mission works flawlessly, Credits and Bonus Audio launches fine but with no ultrawide support, and FFX and FFX Eternal Calm does not even start up to check to see if the mods work for those games.

This is only tested for steam version of final fantasy on pc only. Most likely something is causing ffx to crash on startup. Go into the suwsf.ini and delete sections untill you find the setting that's causing ffx to not launch and tell me on here or on discord channel. It will be difficult because there are so many edits lol. Just 1 edit that's clashing with the launching on the steam deck most likely.

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, kamiccolo said:

This is only tested for steam version of final fantasy on pc only. Most likely something is causing ffx to crash on startup. Go into the suwsf.ini and delete sections untill you find the setting that's causing ffx to not launch and tell me on here or on discord channel. It will be difficult because there are so many edits lol. Just 1 edit that's clashing with the launching on the steam deck most likely.

Thank you for your prompt response! However, looking at your ini file...it's pretty daunting way too many sections to delete and tinker with to find out what the root cause is so I'll just enjoy FFX-2 for now using your mod. I am not a programmer so I do not want to delete things left and right without knowing what they do lol. But I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future. For now I guess for Steam Deck users using Arch Linux, something is screwy that is only preventing certain games to launch successfully.

Share this comment

A few questions

1) Does this fix the green screen issue (i know it doesn't claim to, but i'm curious).

2) If it doesn't fix the green screen issue, does anyone know if it's compatible for the 4GB patch that does solve the green screen issue?

3) Not a Question: I realized while I was writing this that one of the solutions to the green screen is to play it in windowed full screen - which i think this requires. So maybe it does?

4) It says it brings various things up to 8k textures. Does this make other texture mods irrelevant? 

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Sharpenme said:

A few questions

1) Does this fix the green screen issue (i know it doesn't claim to, but i'm curious).

2) If it doesn't fix the green screen issue, does anyone know if it's compatible for the 4GB patch that does solve the green screen issue?

3) Not a Question: I realized while I was writing this that one of the solutions to the green screen is to play it in windowed full screen - which i think this requires. So maybe it does?

4) It says it brings various things up to 8k textures. Does this make other texture mods irrelevant? 

1. From my knowledge there is no green screen issue with ffx. I don't know what your referring to. 

2. Large address aware has been added to both ffx and ffx2. There is no need for 4g patch. Suwsf does this already. I added the code.

3. Windowed fullscreen will give better quality and gsync windows 11 support. You can do compares but I noticed 100% better quality in windowed mode. 

4. Honestly almost. I didn't even bother to install mods since I was working on everything. The game look preem choom with no mods of any kind. Would be interesting to mod it out again.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Sharpenme said:

A few questions

If your talking about green screen on amv loading that dosnt happen with my fix.

Share this comment

I was able to get this mod working with UnX (named as dxgi.dll) and Reshade (named as d3d11.dll) and then renaming this mod's d3d11.dll to dinput8.dll. However, the UI button icons are not working properly.

Share this comment

I did exactly as the instructions said. I opened the game, set it to it 3440x1440, then downloaded the file and put it in my FFX steam folder. But it didn’t work, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here

Share this comment

On 2/1/2023 at 6:52 AM, guyred said:

I did exactly as the instructions said. I opened the game, set it to it 3440x1440, then downloaded the file and put it in my FFX steam folder. But it didn’t work, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here

If you are having an issue with it not being shown to the full of your screen, got to the FFX/FFX2 exe file itself and right click on it.  Go to properties and the n to the compatibility tab.  At the bottom click on DPI settings and then tick the top tick box.  Select apply and ok.  Then relauch the game.  It should fill the full screen now whether you select fullscreen, windowed or borderless.

Share this comment

Is there a way to make this work with reshade?  Do I need to rename the application extensions?  Reshade already uses d3d11.  If I alter this file name for this mod, do I need to change anything in the config files to keep it working?  Or can I just rename the reshade d3d11 file name to dxgi or something?

I notice another commenter above has said this will prevent elements of this mod from working.  Is that accurate?

Share this comment

On 1/4/2023 at 7:05 AM, ok1n4w said:

I was able to get this mod working with UnX (named as dxgi.dll) and Reshade (named as d3d11.dll) and then renaming this mod's d3d11.dll to dinput8.dll. However, the UI button icons are not working properly.

I didnt test unx much with the mod. I do remember getting it working tho. Reshade i never tried. Shouldnt need reshade anyways.

Share this comment