3 Screenshots

About This File

You need to have Cheat Engine installed, then launch the game, open the table, attach it to the process and use the hotkeys:

F4 - activate the mod

F5 - reset FoV to default

F6 - Increase FoV

F7 - Decrease FoV

F8 - Set FoV to default +30°

Quick video to show the mod in action: https://streamable.com/2iosxc

Known issues:

If you set an offset too high or too low the camera will flip upside down, just press F5 to reset it.

In-engine cutscenes are also affected, things that weren't supposed to be in the shot may behave oddly.

Vehicle weapon crosshairs may be off-center (higher) when using higher FoV, just aim a bit higher than the actual target.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

29 minutes ago, parittolo said:

No problem mate, glad you found it useful.

I tried to make my own table but my kung-fu was too weak, I couldn't properly locate the correct address. May I ask, would it be possible to give me a small hint on how did you achieve this masterpiece? For educational reasons, sometimes I can make it but this engine, it was impossible for me to find the correct memory location :(

Share this comment

Of course, just two things: quite some time has passed and I am no expert, so details are fuzzy and this may not be the right approach (or it might be wrong altogether)

I made a first scan with CE for "unknown value, float" (which I thought was a fair assumption).

Then ingame I zoomed in, next scan for decreased value (so assuming the value is directly proportional). Then zoomed out, scan for increased, don't zoom, scan for unchanged, and so on until I had a handful of addresses.

Last step is trial and error with the debugger ("what accesses this address"), isolated an address that was read every frame and seemed easy to manipulate, verified that changing the value there affected the camera ingame and that's it.

Share this comment

does not work. the value of the Cheat Engine changes when you press the specified keys, but in the game there are no changes

Share this comment

On 7/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, parittolo said:

No problem mate, glad you found it useful.

Hi there, I've tried following your advice but I am far too dumb to understand how CE works. Would it be at all possible to provide some more detailed steps, or perhaps kindly help the dullards like me by making a new table? I have JC4 Reloaded on xbox game pass thingy for PC and I'd really like to play this game, but the FOV makes it unbearable for me. I've tried using the method you listed and I can't get the number of addresses below 2,000 or so. If you could give me the tools to enjoy this game I'd love you forever.

Thanks so much in advance

Share this comment