Metro Exodus, the UWP variant.

Following the launch of Metro Exodus on Windows 32 Game Pass, some players have experienced issues with saves and loading the game. 4A and Microsoft have worked to fix these issues and a patch is now live which will automatically update when you open your Game Pass app.

No patch notes, other than the claim that the save issues have been solved. I downloaded the update and the first thing I noticed that the game boots up in the proper resolution now. But for the other issues I'm going to have to wait and keep an eye on the subreddit to see if there is actually some improvement, since saving worked for me previously.

My Metro hasn't updated since June 9th when I first installed it. What gives? How do I force an update? I've checked on the Windows Store under "downloads and updates" and while other apps are updating perfectly fine, Metro did not update. Even Forza Horizon 4 updated lol

3 hours ago, dontpokethebear said:

My Metro hasn't updated since June 9th when I first installed it. What gives? How do I force an update? I've checked on the Windows Store under "downloads and updates" and while other apps are updating perfectly fine, Metro did not update. Even Forza Horizon 4 updated lol 

An update doesn't even show up when you click on "Get updates" on the Downloads and Updates page in the Microsoft Store?

You can also click in on advanced options on the game under Settings > Apps > Apps & features and see what version it says. If it says 1.0.10.0 then you have the latest update.

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-06-16_07-00-13

Yes! I've been clicking "Get Updates" every day since this dropped and gotten nothing. I can see right from within the Windows store that I'm on 1.0.9.0. Very bizarre, since like I said I'm getting updates for everything else.

I almost want to uninstall and then reinstall, but I'm afraid that since settings and saves are so weird with UWP that I'll lose my progress

Sadly I have nothing to recommend 😞 It is possible that game saves would survive a Reset of the UWP app, but as I rarely play Microsoft Store based titles I can't say for certain.

1 hour ago, dontpokethebear said:

Yes! I've been clicking "Get Updates" every day since this dropped and gotten nothing. I can see right from within the Windows store that I'm on 1.0.9.0. Very bizarre, since like I said I'm getting updates for everything else.

I almost want to uninstall and then reinstall, but I'm afraid that since settings and saves are so weird with UWP that I'll lose my progress

make a backup of the save folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_hmv7qcest37me) and then try to reinstall, if you lose progress just replace the folder

Are the people who can't download or maybe can't update Metro not on 1903 Windows? Maybe you need that plus the Xbox app beta? Just throwing that out there. I'm going to keep waiting to try gamepass I guess.

2 hours ago, Jinx said:

Are the people who can't download or maybe can't update Metro not on 1903 Windows? Maybe you need that plus the Xbox app beta? Just throwing that out there. I'm going to keep waiting to try gamepass I guess.

Yes, you'll need the May 2019 Update (1903) for this. If you're not getting it when checking for updates in Windows Update you can download it using the Update Assistant.

Yes! I was on 1903 and had the Xbox Beta App! For some unknown reason it just wouldn't update. Very odd! I uninstalled and then reinstalled; it downloaded version 1.0.10.0 no problem. All my saved games were still there and now I can launch the game with my video settings saved!

So I'm trying to figure out the install error for code 0x80070005, which has been plaguing me since day 1 of Xbox Game Pass, and I've come across this reddit post. Apparently it's caused by this:

I am pretty sure the issue is something to do with the way earlier version of administrator accounts are made within Windows 10

Apparently the user discovered 'fix' is to completely reinstall Windows 10 and create a brand new user account. 😲

Not sure it's worth doing as I only did a full Windows 10 wipe less than 12 months ago and I'm not doing it again just for the sake of one game!

Nothing have, to my knowledge, changed with the way Windows handles local admin accounts throughout Win10. I myself didn’t have that issue, and I had a copy of Win10 that had been updated to 1903 from 1803 from 1709, or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

My theory is Tim has told Deep Silver and 4A to simply do a little housekeeping as possible for the UWP port

Because UWP isn't exactly to blame, there are games that run perfectly fine with UWP, because it comes down to who does the bts work.

Just more evidence to something we already know. Never support Epic Games, Deep Silver or 4A Games.