About This File

Original file: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38376&sid=adc1c9ceb9a00486724dca84050aef41#p38376

This is Squ1zZy's Rainbow Six: Vegas Resolution Patcher. This tool will allow the game to be rendered in most widescreen resolutions.

Instructions (taken from the README file):

1. Place the patcher in the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\Ubisoft\R6Vegas

2. Open the patcher and select the resolution you want the game to run in.
  3. Press "Patch".
  4. An edited R6GameConfig.bin file with the new resolution will be created. Note that the tool will make a backup of the original file (called R6GameConfig.bak) before patching it.
  5. To revert back to the original config file, delete the R6GameConfig.bin file and change the extension of the backup file from .bak to .bin

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 9/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, Murillo said:

Only for 2560x1080p. I don't know the values for 3440x1440p, sorry.

The correct value appears to be 70 0D 00 00 A0 05 but while the in-game resolution displays at 3440x1440, the mouse no longer works to control camera up/down and left/right rotation.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

The correct value appears to be 70 0D 00 00 A0 05 but while the in-game resolution displays at 3440x1440, the mouse no longer works to control camera up/down and left/right rotation.

This happened to me. Use ALT+TAB that will possibly solve this problem, for me it worked.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Murillo said:

This happened to me. Use ALT+TAB that will possibly solve this problem, for me it worked.

Weird, that worked.  Thanks!

Share this comment

On 11/29/2021 at 2:02 PM, Kattmandu said:

Hi, what value do I need to replace with this one to get 3440x1440 in-game?

Share this comment

If you got stuck like me trying to get DLDSR or DSR to work with Vegas 1 use this.

Download this - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/103-tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-resolution-patcher/
The config that says "EDIT* (here is the file for 2560x1080p edited with Hex Editor)".

Open the config via HXD and find "00 0A 00 00 38 04"
00 0A = 2560 (x axis)
38 04 = 1080 (y axis)

Replace these with the resolution you want from https://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
Use the formatted values.

If you cant find your resolution, google a decimal to hex calculator or just use this https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Use Hex signed 2's complement value and re write it like 12 34 WOULD BE  34 12

So with this any aspect ratio or resolution will work with DSR or DLDSR.

One last thing, if you are stuck at 60 fps in game on a high refresh monitor after using this, change your resolution and refresh rate to the one you want in your gpu control panel then launch the game. Then change back after playing. Also, don't change the in-game resolution, leave it as is.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:57 PM, potato_control said:

^Same, what value would I need to replace with a hex editor to change it to 3840 x 1620 (also, what would the hex value for this?).

3840 would be 0F 00                    1620 WOULD BE    54 06

Share this comment