Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Northernlightifly

How does one run a DRM protected game?

Question

Hello!

Since I'm using Windows 10 I am not able to run one of my old games that is SafeDisc protected DRM. I was thinking that I maybe could make a virtual copy of the game and then be able to run the game. At first I was thinking using Alcohol 120 but I read that someone got a virus from downloading it so I'm not sure about downloading it. I was then thinking of daemon tools which seems safer. Does any of you have any experince with copying a SafeDisc game? Or know how to run SafeDisc game on Windows 10?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Funkerwolf
      Hello everyone, I would like to clarify why my editing in the article on sound is constantly canceled?
      https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Sound

Here is the evidence on the pictures below about the difference in sound on the spectrograms.
      As you can probably notice, that on Windows 10 samples are more identical to the original, rather than on Windows 7.

Used materials in this tests

Source sound

Windows 10 on Realtek

Windows 10 on Creative G1

Windows 7 on Realtek

Windows 7 on Creative G1

The peculiarity of this behavior in terms of sound in Windows 7 was caused by the introduction of DRM at the development stage of Windows Vista, which is also easily confirmed by reading the development literature.

To carry out this test, recording through the line input via the built-in sound card with the help of Audacity was used and then the results were transferred to the schedule through the Spek.
      The conditions were the same (Volume 80% output and input) and the same player Foobar2000 on default settings (no asio/openal and ks with wasapi exclusive for output) was used.

For very talented people, I note that the sound system has remained the same since Windows Vista, but has been significantly reworked: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/windows-10-has-better-sound-quality-than-windows-7-on-my-computer-not-necessarily-yours.789224/
      Especially it is important for the old and not-so games that use DirectSound.
      And for those who like to listen to music, and especially in a high quality, because windose 10 does not force you to use all sorts of workarounds crutches mentioned above.
    • By KyoriAsh
      An addon file to restore back SafeDisc function to Windows 10.
      #Extract the files to any path except directly to <code>%windir%</code>
      #Copy secdrv.sys from the extracted file to %windir%\system32\drivers
      #Import secdrv.reg to Registry Editor
    • By Mirh
      All credits to arct, DarthTon and spazzarama

Try master131's Extreme Injector if there is any problem
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)