Removing GameSave Manager from the cloud table

Sorry, I guess I should've made a thread before, can we safely remove GameSame Manager from the cloud table? I noticed that on the development wiki it no longer shows up in the table, I was wondering if we could just remove any cloud entries with GSM in it. It never made too much sense to me anyway.

I updated the title in order to be clearer.

Indeed, since we already have to use that table regardless for steam/origin/uplay cloud, it's stupid not to include an universal solution.

I was just wondering.. is there anything else other than gamesave manager?

If not multiplatform.. at least, you know, open source?

EDIT: ok, if not SyncToCloud (why did we remove it in the first place? I can't remember) at least MASGAU seems pretty solid.

That's not what I had ment. On the test wiki GameSave Manager has been removed from the cloud table, I was wondering if that's an official change (as in, never included ever again in the future) and if we can begin removing it from the current pages.

I don't have anything wtih GSM, I use it myself quite a bit.

​

Indeed, since we already have to use that table regardless for steam/origin/uplay cloud, it's stupid not to include an universal solution.

I was just wondering.. is there anything else other than gamesave manager?

If not multiplatform.. at least, you know, open source?

EDIT: ok, if not SyncToCloud (why did we remove it in the first place? I can't remember) at least MASGAU seems pretty solid.

​I'm also looking for an open source, multiplatform solution for backing up my game saves.

​

That's not what I had ment. On the test wiki GameSave Manager has been removed from the cloud table, I was wondering if that's an official change (as in, never included ever again in the future) and if we can begin removing it from the current pages.

I don't have anything wtih GSM, I use it myself quite a bit.

Oh now I get it, but even if that's official why would you remove it manually? Surely bots can take care of that if necessary?

Oh now I get it, but even if that's official why would you remove it manually? Surely bots can take care of that if necessary?

Certain games haven't been released on Steam (and other services in general), the cloud table was kinda pointless on those pages.

Certain games haven't been released on Steam (and other services in general), the cloud table was kinda pointless on those pages.

Yes and each time I try to remove it for such games, I get a complain that I remove it. So please leave Save Game Manager.O.o

I disagree. It makes it easier to know that you can backup saves for those ancient games that'll probably never make it to digital stores.

I disagree. It makes it easier to know that you can backup saves for those ancient games that'll probably never make it to digital stores.

GameSave Manager should be separated from the cloud table into something else in my mind. Keeping track of all the games GSM supports is a bit pointless though, when the website already has a far more up to date list than the one on the wiki, there should probably be a better way of doing this, instead of manually tracking each game individually.

The current implementation isn't too great, it's kinda there.

Yes and each time I try to remove it for such games, I get a complain that I remove it. So please leave Save Game Manager.O.o

I never undestood why we should keep the cloud table for retail games which have nothing to do with those services.

I agree it's pain in the ass to add manually, but it's more of "hey here is a way to backup your saves" IMO.

IDC really. It's just that I found it this way so I'm bit biased :D

Hey. I have a mindblowed idea.

What if we had an agreement with one of these backup programs guy?

Something like an api for him to pull new paths or for us to push on his git or whatever.

This way the table could possibly make sense even for those thousands of DOS games out there

Something like an api for him to pull new paths or for us to push on his git or whatever.

This way the table could possibly make sense even for those thousands of DOS games out there

Actually I was hoping, one day I'd be able to write such thing myself. Well in a way, I'm able to do it now - but that'd be really junky. Either way - yeah, if I could easily add new configurations to GameSave Manager - I probably would. But doing it via Forum and hoping someone implements that... UUuuuugh. No :D

I'm not sure if our Game data template allows for that right now, but in theory it should be possible. Biggest problem would be inaccurate paths.