View other files from this member
- Submitted: Oct 07 2017 05:00 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 07 2017 05:00 PM
- File Size: 1.21MB
- Views: 5413
- Downloads: 1828
- Approved by: Blackbird
- Approved on: 07 October 2017 - 05:05 PM
Download Modern Warfare Remastered - Singleplayer FOV Fix 1.01 Votes
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered FOV Field of View Fix Weapon Model
What is this?
This fix lets you change the FOV of the singleplayer campaign, including the size of the weapon model. It is simple to install and use and comes with a GUI for easy configuration.
Despite being a decent PC version, the singleplayer of Modern Warfare Remastered lacks the option to set the FOV. Even though the default FOV is not as horrible as in other Call of Duty games, it still makes the campaign unpleasant or outright unplayable for some people.
This fix aims to fix this issue by providing an easy and convenient way to set the FOV for the game.
- Option to set the vertical FOV to almost arbitrary values
- Option to set the FOV scale of the weapon model
- Simple to install and use
- Easy to configure via a GUI and ingame bindings
The fix does not make any permanent changes to the system, the game or the configuration of the game and can easily be removed (see below).
- Extract the XInput1_3.dll and the MWRSPFovFixGUI.exe files to the main folder of the game. For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered\"
- Start the MWRSPFovFixGUI.exe to configure the fix as desired
- Start the game like you would normally, for example directly through Steam or Big Picture mode
- You should hear a FOV Fix loaded message on game launch when the fix was loaded. This sound can be turned off in the config
- The GUI requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 and the Microsoft Visual C 2015 Redistributable package; both of which should already be installed on most systems. If you are having problems starting the program, you can download the required versions here and here
- Remove the XInput1_3.dll from the game's main folder.
To configure the fix you can use the GUI application. Remember that you can hover over almost any option with the mouse to get an explanatory tooltip.
There are two FOV settings. The vertical FOV Base and the FOV Weapon Scale factor. The effective FOV is calculated by multiplying these two values. The scaling factor also affects the way the weapon is displayed in addition to the camera.
By default the game uses a base FOV of 65.0 and a weapon scaling of 1.0. For a 16:9 27 inch display I am using a FOV Base of 66.0 and a FOV Weapon Scale of 1.15.
Note that the settings can also be adjusted while in the game by using the corresponding keybindings.
What You Should Know
Since the fix consists of an executable DLL-File, I could have put any harmful shenanigans in there. You just have to trust me that the file is clean.
If you don't -- and why should you -- feel free to use a meta online virus scanner like VirusTotal to verify the file. Be aware however, that because the fix uses "hacking techniques" such as injection and hooking, it could trigger anti-virus software without being harmful.
There are currently no known issues with the fix.
Contact And Support
If you like this fix and want to support the development or show your appreciation, you can find more information on my website. There you can also find out more about other fixes that I have done and means to contact me if you have a question, want to provide feedback, bug reports or suggestions.
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- Initial public release
Other files you may be interested in ..
Jul 18 2018 05:58 PM
Jun 13 2018 10:13 AM
Jun 12 2018 11:31 AM
Feb 13 2018 09:54 PM
Jan 03 2018 04:41 AM
Oct 14 2017 04:24 PM
Oct 14 2017 04:07 PM
By Blakegripling ph
Sep 25 2017 11:34 AM
- 1059 Total Files
- 19 Total Categories
- 117 Total Authors
- 2069396 Total Downloads
- Silent Hill Homecoming PC Fix by Steam006 Latest File
- Steam006 Latest Submitter
89 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 86 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bing (1), Google (2)