About This File
Patrxgt's Unofficial Modern Patch is an unofficial patch for Colin McRae Rally (1998), which fixes incompatibilities with modern operating systems (without breaking menus, like "kFYatek's Unofficial Windows 7 Patch" does) and skips CD check for the sake of convenience. This patch is compatible only with 1.5 European and American versions of the game and modifies the following file:
0. Install the 1.5 patch for version from your region.
1. Download "Patrxgt's Unofficial Modern Patch.7z" file and extract it wherever you want.
2. Put "Rally.exe" file from your game's installation folder into the "put_rally.exe_here" folder.
3. Run "patch_<region of your game>.bat" and wait until "Rally.exe_patched" shows up in the folder.
4. Rename "Rally.exe_patched" to "Rally.exe" and replace it's counterpart in the game's installation folder.
Recommendations: Set Motion smoothness to "OFF" in the games menu for smooth framerate and lock it with third-party tool (like "RivaTunner Statistic Server" or "NVIDIA Control Panel") to 60 FPS for the sake of stability.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.