Grand Theft Auto V FOV, ultrawide - new FWS script

11 Screenshots

About This File

A total overhaul of the old Flawless Widescreen script for GTA V that has been dysfunctional for many months if not longer.
As before, it allows for fine-tuning of FOV per each view - first person, in-vehicle, ADS, and third person. It also allows to remove the pillarboxing at cutscenes at 21:9 and wider, although having the latter enabled may cause some confirmation prompts to disappear at 32:9 and wider until disabled.

1. Download and install Flawless Widescreen.
  2. Download this script and unpack the archive.
  3. Put its contents in the main Flawless Widescreen folder (usually \Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\).
  4. Launch Flawless Widescreen, select Grand Theft Auto V (updated) and set everything to preference.

Tested the latest game version at 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080, and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

Two fix patterns updated to be more inclusive and support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey could you show me how to make happen with lspdfr because there is a tutorial to change something in the plugins cashe but I don't know what the exe file and the window name would be because it doesn't recognise him

Share this comment

big fan of your plugin for GTA5 but I simply MUST know how it works. It states it is a "memory hack" what memory / file does it reference for the field of view values? I'm SUPER curious if in a similar vein this could be used to modify other viewmodel values found in weapons.meta (position of the hands) :)))

Share this comment

On 1/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, Rose said:

I'm not sure what you mean by officially. My "(updated)" plugin is still working as intended on my end today. I toggled each of the boxes and moved some of the sliders to make sure it's reflected in the game.

I know it's been a year already but how to get this "updated" plugins? bcs i have same problem like author of post and i dont have "updated" gta5 plugin ;/

Share this comment

On 5/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, getikk said:

I know it's been a year already but how to get this "updated" plugins? bcs i have same problem like author of post and i dont have "updated" gta5 plugin ;/

Make sure you actually download and add the script on this page to Flawless Widescreen which as in Step 2 of the description. If you look below the strip of screenshots for this file there should be a blue "Download This File" button. Step Three in the description will tell you what path to drag and drop the files in, you should see the same two folders in the right place that the download also contains so just drop them there. Once you launch Flawless Widescreen again after dropping the file, the Updated plugin will show up in a different tab under WSGF Plugins.

I just added the script today and can confirm it still works well too.

Share this comment

I'm trying to use this with FiveM, but I'm getting the error: "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point". I have followed the tutorials precisely. Do you know what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate if we could get this working.

I'm using the (updated) version of the mod and I have changed the contents of the .lua file as the mod is injecting into FiveM.exe rather than GTA.exe

Edited by Smiiggsy

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Smiiggsy said:

I'm trying to use this with FiveM, but I'm getting the error: "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point". I have followed the tutorials precisely. Do you know what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate if we could get this working.

I'm using the (updated) version of the mod and I have changed the contents of the .lua file as the mod is injecting into FiveM.exe rather than GTA.exe

image.png.e737ed370b5f3202cc7e38f2fefeb1e2.png

GTA_V_FOV__ultrawide__WSGF_scripts_2.zip

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Smiiggsy said:

Still getting the same issue, I followed these instructions to the letter.

Welcome to my own personal Hell, I've been picking at this particular issue for QUITE some time now. The only PARTIAL solution is really not that much of a solution at all.

To use the plugin on FiveM, you need the entire namesake of the server you're joining, as FiveM sets the process window name to that full title.

The problem becomes that server names are very long and/or use emoji or other odd characters. So to get the full string, you need to  (open Task Manager while connected to the server you want to play) -> (Expand FiveM process and right click the subprocess with the full server name) -> (select "Search Online" this will open your browser with a search query for the string of text that is the name of the process window). Still with me? Change in the .lua file Process_WindowName = to the text we copied from the browser search. Finally change Process_EXEName = "FiveM.exe" (or maybe even "FiveM_GTAProcess.exe" who knows)

and maybe JUST maybe, it will work. But probably not. This solution I've Macgyvered has only worked a handful of times and isn't worth the headache of trouble shooting over and over. The plugin needs patched I would imagine; to be able to hook the FiveM process in a more precise manner than whatever it is I'm doing but idk anything. Sorry.

Share this comment

Cheers for the suggestions Keystone, unfortunately it hasn't worked, I've tried changing Process_EXEName to "FiveM.exe", "FiveM_GTAProcess.exe", "FiveM_ChromeBrowser.exe", and "FiveM_SteamChild.exe".

I'm sure with some fiddling we can figure something out between us.

Share this comment

The WindowName and ClassName can be set to "*" for the script to accept any title or class. A semicolon can be used to have the script look for more than one - for example,

Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "GTA5.exe;FiveM.exe"

Share this comment

Rose,

I've given that a go, still not working but something has happened; now when I check 'Fix Enabled' it only says 'Configuring...' for a fraction of a second, whereas prior it would hang for a good 5 seconds, if that's any use. Currently my .lua file reads: Process_EXEName = "FiveM.exe;GTA5.exe;FiveM_GTAProcess.exe;".

Share this comment

I too have continued to drag my face across the proverbial asphalt, my .lua is as follows. No new results.

Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "GrandTheftAutoV.exe;FiveM.exe;FiveM_GTAProcess.exe;FiveM_b2189_GTAProcess.exe;GTA5.exe"

Share this comment

For anyone still interested in trying to get this to work, which obviously doesn't include the actual author of the mod, I got this to work briefly by running "FiveM_b2189_GTAProcess.exe" from the appdata location which opened FiveM. However, I can't seen to run it anymore, even after uninstalling and re-installing both Flawless Widescreen and FiveM.

Share this comment

Hey, i'm getting a problem where it says image.png.3eef6ea4c9ca7477e398d6441c3fbcf9.png  it's pretty annoying, and i've already tried many tutorials.. I use the updated version, and i also get "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point" - sometimes. Any help?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, savage4732 said:

Hey, i'm getting a problem where it says   it's pretty annoying, and i've already tried many tutorials.. I use the updated version, and i also get "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point" - sometimes. Any help?

Is this in the vanilla version without mods like FiveM?

Share this comment

Hello,

It works well with GTA 5 !

But on FiveM I got "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point" error 😞

My .lua file is as follow :

Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "GTA5.exe;FiveM.exe;FiveM_GTAProcess.exe;;FiveM_b2189_GTAProcess.exe"

What can I do to fix this error ?

[Edit: It works nice with :

Process_WindowName = "FiveM"
Process_ClassName = "grcWindow"
Process_EXEName = "FiveM.exe"

]

Thank you !

Share this comment

Doesn't appear to work currently with GTA V (story mode).   When trying to enable the fix it returns this in console:

DisplayDetection -> Scanning process for signs of SoftTH injection
c_HackTool -> Successfully opened process, ID=10632
Suspending Thread
Fatel error.
Un-Suspending Thread
Configure Success = false

I tried in admin mode, I suspect the exe has been updated again,  its build 2545  v1.58 

Share this comment

9 hours ago, bn880 said:

Doesn't appear to work currently with GTA V (story mode).   When trying to enable the fix it returns this in console:

DisplayDetection -> Scanning process for signs of SoftTH injection
c_HackTool -> Successfully opened process, ID=10632
Suspending Thread
Fatel error.
Un-Suspending Thread
Configure Success = false

I tried in admin mode, I suspect the exe has been updated again,  its build 2545  v1.58 

Did you try again? I tested it after your report with the game fully updated and each of the fixes worked correctly.

image.thumb.png.e4421483a8c271859e5fec5f51c404cf.png

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Rose said:

Did you try again? I tested it after your report with the game fully updated and each of the fixes worked correctly.

Hello, Yeah I tried numerous times (my monitor is 32:10 BTW,  3840x1200 but I don't think this is the cause), this was on steam and a fresh download, didn't work.   I just ended up refunding the game because FOV changes and steering wheel would get me banned online if I used them 😕 .

Also, my steam folder was on another HDD not C  and I did add it to the app first.

Share this comment

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your fix, but for me... Nothing is working at all. It says the app is ready for me to launch the game and when I do so, nothing is changing at all for the cutscenes.

I'm on a 32:9 resolution and just the fact that the cutscenes are shrinking is such a god damn pain. kills the whole vibe of the game. 

Thanks.

Share this comment