Doom Eternal Flawless Widescreen Fix for 32:9/Surround

2 Screenshots

About This File

Flawless Widescreen plugin for fixing wrong aspect ratio in 32:9 and Surround/Eyefinity resolutions.

- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\" and unpack the content of this archive.
(If it asks about overwriting some folders, accept - it will add new files and not overwrite any existing ones.)
- Start FWS and select the plugin (under Helifax section).
- Enable the plugin.
- Play the game.

Known Issues: The MAIN MENU will be stretched (incorrect Aspect Ratio) but in-game & cinematics everything will be using correct Aspect Ratio!

I can only test it in 32:9 and it works perfect! I can't test Surround/Eyfinity resolutions but it should work fine, I expect!
Cheers,
Helifax

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello All (Especially those wanting Eyefinity / Surround) ,

This Patch worked great!!!

I use Triple Monitor 7680 x 1440 and had to do the following:

• Launch Game (without Flawless Widescreen running) as normal
  • Once inside game got to setting ("K" key for quick access)
  • Inside setting go to the video tab
  • Under Display Menu, go to first field "Window Mode" and select "Borderless Window" from the options (Fullscreen / Windowed)
  • Apply Changes ("F" key for quick access) and Exit Game
  • Now Start "Flawless Widescreen" and have program running as Helifax instructed
  • Start Doom Eternal

Enjoy the game in 7680 x 1440 🥂

First Photo @ 7680 x 1440 w/out Helifax patch

Second photo @ 7680 x 1440 with Helifax patch

-Mad Hatter 🍭

DOOMEternal 3_21_2020 1_02_30 PM.png

DOOMEternal 3_21_2020 1_08_53 PM.png

Share this comment

sorry, I know this sounds really dumb, but I can't get to step 1.  I downloaded the file, but then when I unzip them, I only get two folders

1) plugins

2) plugincache

I don't even see how I can install flawless widescreen?   Can someone please assist?  Thanks!

Share this comment

Hei, you have to download software from:

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org

And follow steps from Mad Hater post :-)

Share this comment

30 minutes ago, Kriss said:

Hei, you have to download software from:

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org

And follow steps from Mad Hater post 🙂

Thanks for getting back to me.   I don't have a triple monitor though.  I have a 49 inch wide that is 5120x1440... do I still have to do the "borderless window" step?

Sorry, one more question...I manually start this everytime before launching doom right?  This won't mess up any other games or anything because I mainly use iRacing and don't want to mess up the display settings on that...

Share this comment

Hello Keith.

You do not need to do my additional steps as it is intended for those that seek how to do Eyefinity / Surround (multiple monitors).

You just need to follow as Helifax (I added photos to help):

- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\" and unpack the content of this archive.
(If it asks about overwriting some folders, accept - it will add new files and not overwrite any existing ones.)
- Start FWS and select the plugin (under Helifax section).
- Enable the plugin.
- Play the game

Start only when you want to play Doom, and close it after done playing Doom.

-MH

plug.PNG

FW.PNG

Share this comment

25 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hello Keith.

You do not need to do my additional steps as it is intended for those that seek how to do Eyefinity / Surround (multiple monitors).

You just need to follow as Helifax (I added photos to help):

- Start FWS and select the plugin (under Helifax section).
- Enable the plugin.
- Play the game

Start only when you want to play Doom, and close it after done playing Doom.

-MH

plug.PNG

FW.PNG

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, I appreciate it.  Computer novice here.  I'm jumping into this game because it's a total blast from the past 🙂

So I can follow your instructions easily from here, but then what do I do with the download that is attached to this page?  When I unzip it, I get these two folders...do I have to paste them into Flawless widescreen folder?   Sorry again, I know how dumb all this must sound

Capture.PNG

Share this comment

Hiyas Keith,

Yes just paste them into the Flawless Widescreen folder (as shown in my original photo above).

So if you want to unzip the file from Helifax on your desktop, go ahead... just take the 2 folders and put them directly into the Flawless Widescreen folder.

-MH

RAR.PNG

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hiyas Keith,

Yes just paste them into the Flawless Widescreen folder (as shown in my original photo above).

So if you want to unzip the file from Helifax on your desktop, go ahead... just take the 2 folders and put them directly into the Flawless Widescreen folder.

-MH

RAR.PNG

got it, thanks again!

Share this comment

i cant go into settings at all when in surround, crashes to desktop. only way to change settings is; nvcp/disable surround, start game and change settings, then back to nvcp/enable surround, then back to doom settings and reset aspect ratio.. a pain

luckily i figured out how to do my keybinds out of settings

Are you guys having this problem? 

Share this comment

Hey there! I install and run Flawless widescreen with no problems, until I copy this plugin to the flawless widescreen folder. Then flawless widescreen will boot up and disappear/Crash? immediately.

I've tried uninstalling flawless widescreen, and reinstalling it, and downloading and re unpacking the doom eternal fix, and still the same thing happens every time?

Share this comment

EDIT: i posted a question but then figured it out. not seeing how to delete my post so edited it out.

SF

Edited by starfyre2000

Share this comment

So is this fix needed in the latest version of Doom Eternal on Gamepass? Or have the devs solved the problem that this addresses?

On a side note it doesn't seem to work as mentioned above giving me the following error in FWS:

"Could not find AspectFix injection point, Doom Eternal may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting Doom Eternal or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix."

Share this comment

Hey @Helifax@WSGF

Firstly, thanks so much for your contribution with this mod. I dont understand why a billion-dollar company can't implement it themselves or at least stop breaking your mod with every update!

Any chance you might fix this again anytime soon as i get the same error as the person above. 

Even better - is there a common fix that someone with light dev experience could at least look into to fix it themselves?

Share this comment

I am also keen to get this fixed. Ive setup 3 4k screens and I'm getting a playable framerate in high settings just dont like the streatching 😞

Share this comment