Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

5 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from cutscenes and allows to manually control the game FOV in real time.

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip - the password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game first, followed by the tool.

All trainers based on CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested the latest Origin version at 2560x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

Fixed the flickering issue introduced by the latest game update.

Added current FOV value display, moved the least used keys away + other behind the scenes tweaks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, AngeredFox said:

Thanks alot for this.  I encountered some weird things with it though, like this cinematic when landing on another planet.

That is precisely why developers implement black bars. As in film, they try not to waste resources on things that would be out of view - though, of course, they could also invest in large teams for testing every scene at 48:9 to cater to everyone.

Remember the coffee cup in Game of Thrones that would normally be behind the scenes?

This video on The Walking Dead would help understand how games are made as well.

Share this comment

Thank you for all the fixes, I love your work!
I'm experiencing constant weird flickering on planet Dathomir, and sometimes on other planets as well. Enemy health bars also flicker and jitter. Other than that the fix is working well.

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, Áka said:

Thank you for all the fixes, I love your work!
I'm experiencing constant weird flickering on planet Dathomir, and sometimes on other planets as well. Enemy health bars also flicker and jitter. Other than that the fix is working well.

Could you share the save files prior to it and tell me where to go?
They're found in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Respawn\JediFallenOrder\

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Could you share the save files prior to it and tell me where to go?
They're found in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Respawn\JediFallenOrder\

Sure, here it is. I saved inside the ship. If you go to the planet surface you'll probably see the flickering. Almost as if the pillarboxes are trying to force themselves back in.

SaveGame01.sav

Share this comment

Hi, Rose. There is some strange behavior with the FOV changes now. When I decrease the FOV during cutscenes in order to not be so zoomed out, there are times when the FOV is much too low. This can be seen in the first cutscene and especially when Cal takes off his mask. The mod did not behave this way in the 1.0 and 1.1 versions.

Share this comment

Hi, Rose, I'm using your 1.6 fix, black bar is working but FOV is not changing at all. and current FOV showing ?? I want to keep FOV just same with original 16:9 cutscene. Without FOV changing it wipe out cinematic feeling of cutscene. Can you check it, thanks alot.

Share this comment

Thanks for the feedback! I can't play through every game I mod at the rate they've been coming out, so it's really valuable to me.

@Just!cE I updated the trainer just now to have it behave like the previous versions. It's indirect FOV adjustment but you absolutely had a point.

@frozenboy You have to have enabled the "Custom FOV toggle" option first. I slightly reworded this in the latest version for more clarity. I could also have it activate at launch but that would be less reliable and giving the user less control.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

@Just!cE I updated the trainer just now to have it behave like the previous versions. It's indirect FOV adjustment but you absolutely had a point.

Rose, I am so thankful. I was actually playing with the 1.1 version today because of the changes in 1.6. I'm happy that the mod now functions as before so that we can see cutscenes with 16:9 like FOV. Also, you are very thoughtful for including a button for this! I had actually created a little cheat table with CE to do this for me (it worked in conjunction with your mod). Now I can just rely on your mod. It's working really well so far!

Share this comment

Would it be possible to have a FOV fix that doesn't pan the camera way behind the character?

The more the FOV increases, the more zoomed out the camera is. It's an apreciated solution, indeed, but not an ideal one.

Share this comment

20 hours ago, Rose said:

Thanks for the feedback! I can't play through every game I mod at the rate they've been coming out, so it's really valuable to me.

@frozenboy You have to have enabled the "Custom FOV toggle" option first. I slightly reworded this in the latest version for more clarity. I could also have it activate at launch but that would be less reliable and giving the user less control.

Thank for really quick response, It work great. I Just want to give another small feedback. Could auto FOV toggle when select 16:9 cutscene FOV? I not sure this is posible or not but is there anyway to detect cutscene so we can auto zoom in FOV automatically when cutscene appear and reset back when it end.

Share this comment

This fix increase not only the fov but  increase the distance of the character from the camera too,im interested a true fov fix that dont increase the distance of the camera from the character,It can be possible to do??

Share this comment

Hello and thank you so much.

Is there any way to get one of these for Borderlands 3? the FOV only goes to 110 and I really need to be able to go over 130 H FOV.

thanks!

Share this comment

@green00

Exactly! This is more like a zoom out camera tool.

The camera distance to the player needs to stay the same, otherwise it kinda defeats the main purpose.

Oh well, I guess this tool can't do this.

Share this comment

I think the new patch/update broke the black bar removal. FOV is still working fine but black bar removal is not activating any more. 😞

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, Áka said:

I think the new patch/update broke the black bar removal. FOV is still working fine but black bar removal is not activating any more. 😞

Thanks for reporting the issue. You were right. I fixed it

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, Rose said:

Thanks for reporting the issue. You were right. I fixed it

Well that was fast. Thanks a lot ❤️. Now I can continue may session in glorious 21:9

Share this comment

Thanks so much for all your work, in this game and others. Your RDR2 fix was a literal game-changer, I was so disappointed when I played on PC that first time and cutscenes werent fullscreen on my ultrawide. Your fix made me so happy.

As far as Fallen Order goes, there was a new update today, will this need to be updated? Also, I've also been experiencing the flickering some of the others have described, though I didn't associate it with this, do you know what causes that?

Thanks again for all your work!

Share this comment

@Rose, thanks for the ultrawide fix on the cutscene that make the game looks perfect . 

Wonder what would be the steps if i want to patch the exe permanently using hex editor to run it as 2560x1080 along with the cutscene in 21:9?

Share this comment

Hi Rose, whenever i download this file i get a archive corrupted error, i've used your RdR2 tool with no issues so im not sure why its happening with this one, i disabled my antivirus aswell just in case and same thing

Share this comment

Just now, SN0ST0RM said:

Hi Rose, whenever i download this file i get a archive corrupted error, i've used your RdR2 tool with no issues so im not sure why its happening with this one, i disabled my antivirus aswell just in case and same thing

Hi. I downloaded and opened the archive without issues just now. Make sure you are using 7zip, PeaZip or possibly WinRar to open the archive and that the password is correct. Try a different browser if the issue is limited to downloading the file rather than unpacking. On Windows 10 you would have Edge and Internet Explorer to choose from.

Share this comment