Silent Hill 3 PC Fix by Steam006

About This File

Features:
Allow custom window resolutions
Allow custom rendering resolutions
Windowed mode
Borderless mode
Manual window positioning (For borderless windowed mode)
Disable Maximized Windowed Mode on newer Windows versions
Force VSync
Increase FOV
Decrease FOV in cutscenes
Display FMVs in 4:3 aspect ratio
Display FMVs in fullscreen
Disable safe mode
Options menu fix
Display 2D elements in 4:3
Display fullscreen pause menu
Depth of Field resolution increase
Shadow resolution increase
Inventory resolution increase
Status Screen resolution increase
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Remove black bars
Remove borders in cutscenes
Modify fog complexity
Different framerate modes
Unlock Silent Hill 2 Easter eggs
Restore missing dialogue sound
Restore beta sound
Achievements
Redirect registry values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
New save and load system
Support for Silent Hill 3 Trial Version
Wallhack (F1)
Disable DirectX Fog (F2)
Gamma control (F6, F7 and F8)

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 3 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini. (Optional)
3. Start the game with sh3.exe.

Credits:
07151129 - sh3proxy
WidescreenFixesPack team

Password:pcgw

What's New in Version 2.6.2   See changelog

Released

Update 2.6.2:
Added missing text in the sewer level (English)
Updated d3d9on12 to match latest github commits
Improved performance in the Silent Hill town
Fixed original game bug that could cause performance issues on some PCs
Bug fixes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 1/10/2024 at 10:02 PM, lgsz said:

So, I downloaded the game on myabandonware then this fix and pasted the files in the main folder where sh3.exe is. However, I'm having a couple issues: My character is running very slowly, the game looks zoomed in and the visuals look pretty bad. It's nowhere near as clean as this video for example. Was I supposed to paste the files in the data folder ? Am I missing something ?

Open Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini and set "Log" and "LogGameDebugMsg" to 1 and start the game once. You should now have a "Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.log" file in the game folder. Attach it here.

Share this comment

Hi I love your fixes. Would it be possible to allow the use of reshade on a future update for the silent hill 3 fix? Both your fix and reshade use d3d8 dlls to work and I was unable to load either of them with the asi loader. Pls 🙏.

Share this comment

Greetings.

I have recently broke the text format and containers for Silent Hill 3 and while I assume you want no data packs included, I found out something interesting that you could add into future versions of the fix kit.

I found out that there's a mis-copypaste in Sewer_Upper, in the area where you pick up the empty wine bottle. If you check the bottle holder after picking the bottle up, you will see this message:

The body must've been crushed
by something heavy.

With that, then?
God, how awful...

This string is copypasted from the previous string, which seems to be related to the dead body that is crushed by a locker, near the tentacle monster room ("seems" because I was not able to trigger it). If you read any non-English texts, you will find a very different text. This is Spanish:

La verdad es que no quiero llevarme
todo eso conmigo.

Es pesado, y es un estorbo...
Ni a Papá ni a mí nos gusta
mucho el vino.

Translated to English, it should read the following:

I really don't want to carry
all of that with me.

It's heavy, and it's a pain...
Dad and I don't really like wine.

Cheers.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, IlDucci said:

Greetings.

I have recently broke the text format and containers for Silent Hill 3 and while I assume you want no data packs included, I found out something interesting that you could add into future versions of the fix kit.

I found out that there's a mis-copypaste in Sewer_Upper, in the area where you pick up the empty wine bottle. If you check the bottle holder after picking the bottle up, you will see this message:

This string is copypasted from the previous string, which seems to be related to the dead body that is crushed by a locker, near the tentacle monster room ("seems" because I was not able to trigger it). If you read any non-English texts, you will find a very different text. This is Spanish:

Translated to English, it should read the following:

Cheers.

Thanks I will add this.

Share this comment

Hello Steam006

I have some pretty bad stuttering and lag. The character basically moves very slowly after I installed this fix. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue? The vanilla sh3.exe form the ISO folder runs pretty smooth. Here's my specs: i5 M460, RAM 4GB, GeForce 425M(1GB). It's a potato laptop but others on equally as bad specs said the fix runs fine.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by shvrwk

Share this comment

9 hours ago, shvrwk said:

Hello Steam006

I have some pretty bad stuttering and lag. The character basically moves very slowly after I installed this fix. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue? The vanilla sh3.exe form the ISO folder runs pretty smooth. Here's my specs: i5 M460, RAM 4GB, GeForce 425M(1GB). It's a potato laptop but others on equally as bad specs said the fix runs fine.

Thank you in advance!

The game is running on the CPU integrated graphics and the mod makes the game more taxing.

You can try downloading dgVoodoo2 (v2.82.3), open the "MS" and "x86" folders. Rename D3D8.dll to D3D8R.dll and copy it to the game folder.

Share this comment

Hello

Everytime I try to install the PC patch my antivirus keeps detecting the Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.dll as Heur.Adv.MLB and says its malware, I've been looking for a comment that's had this similar type of situation but it seems like it's only happening to me, how come? I tried pausing my antivirus but it just deleted the file automatically

Share this comment

On 3/10/2024 at 7:27 PM, weeewwwwe4 said:

Hello

Everytime I try to install the PC patch my antivirus keeps detecting the Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.dll as Heur.Adv.MLB and says its malware, I've been looking for a comment that's had this similar type of situation but it seems like it's only happening to me, how come? I tried pausing my antivirus but it just deleted the file automatically

It's a false positive.

Share this comment

I just downloaded this, but for some reason I can't extract all of the files and I don't know what to do. It's specifically doing this every time I try to extract the files:

42652577_Screenshot(2042).png.8af45726d9e9d68cbd369e74ff8cb7f7.png

Is there something wrong with it or am I doing something incorrectly?

Share this comment

22 hours ago, aMothWithInternetAccess said:

I just downloaded this, but for some reason I can't extract all of the files and I don't know what to do. It's specifically doing this every time I try to extract the files

Is there something wrong with it or am I doing something incorrectly?

You need to use winrar or 7-zip.

Share this comment

Hello @Steam006 I have some issues with my game, when I try use my Nvidia GPU 1650 have some graphical erros, like invisible enemies or super light or super dark rooms, I am using dgvoodo2 for force the game use my Nvidia GPU and dont use my Integrate GPU (LAPTOP), do you need more info for me help me out? Please, you fix in awesome but I dont know why game is hard to fix specally when I try use a dedicate GPU. I am wating you answer, thanks.

Share this comment

Hi! I'm a huge fan of the improvements and work you've put into this game, you have no idea. I helped out the SH2:EE team in *very* minor ways and was wondering if it would be helpful to you if I contributed any issues I've found while playing the game. For example:

- The Souvenir Shop map has Heather's feet clipping through the floor. The map height seems to be too high (the counters are nearly at chest height instead of waist height.)

This is the only one I have right now, but are these kinds of reports useful to you? If so, I'll be sure to document them and report in with screenshots! In any case, again, I appreciate your work!

Share this comment

On 4/18/2024 at 6:38 AM, glitchyreal said:

Hi! I'm a huge fan of the improvements and work you've put into this game, you have no idea. I helped out the SH2:EE team in *very* minor ways and was wondering if it would be helpful to you if I contributed any issues I've found while playing the game. For example:

- The Souvenir Shop map has Heather's feet clipping through the floor. The map height seems to be too high (the counters are nearly at chest height instead of waist height.)

This is the only one I have right now, but are these kinds of reports useful to you? If so, I'll be sure to document them and report in with screenshots! In any case, again, I appreciate your work!

Thanks but fixing that would involve editing the map data and that's outside the scope of this fix.

I actually consider the fix to be finished now. There might be still be new versions for minor things like updating d3d9on12 to the latest version or fixing critical bugs should one appear.

Share this comment