Silent Hill 3 PC Fix by Steam006

About This File

Features:
Allow custom window resolutions
Allow custom rendering resolutions
Windowed mode
Borderless mode
Manual window positioning (For borderless windowed mode)
Disable Maximized Windowed Mode on newer Windows versions
Force VSync
Increase FOV
Decrease FOV in cutscenes
Display FMVs in 4:3 aspect ratio
Display FMVs in fullscreen
Disable safe mode
Options menu fix
Display 2D elements in 4:3
Display fullscreen pause menu
Depth of Field resolution increase
Shadow resolution increase
Inventory resolution increase
Status Screen resolution increase
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Remove black bars
Remove borders in cutscenes
Modify fog complexity
Different framerate modes
Unlock Silent Hill 2 Easter eggs
Restore missing dialogue sound
Restore beta sound
Achievements
Redirect registry values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
New save and load system
Support for Silent Hill 3 Trial Version
Wallhack (F1)
Disable DirectX Fog (F2)
Gamma control (F6, F7 and F8)

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 3 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini. (Optional)
3. Start the game with sh3.exe.

Credits:
07151129 - sh3proxy
WidescreenFixesPack team

Password:pcgw

What's New in Version 2.6.2   See changelog

Released

Update 2.6.2:
Added missing text in the sewer level (English)
Updated d3d9on12 to match latest github commits
Improved performance in the Silent Hill town
Fixed original game bug that could cause performance issues on some PCs
Bug fixes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Steam006 said:

The SFX in the storeroom was made for 30 FPS on the PS2 version and it was not adjusted when they added 60 FPS support in the PC version. The only fixes I can think of would be to set the framerate to 30 when going into that room or replace the SFX with a 60 FPS adjusted version.

30 FPS would be easy to do. Replacing the SFX would be a lot more complicated.

Shadows can't be fixed, at least not without replacing the shadow rendering code and shadow maps and that's too much work involved for this project.

I seeee. Yea, I'm playing in 60 fps. How would you replace the SFX with a 60 fps adjusted version? I just can't play this game in 30 anymore (60 has spoiled me) and switch just for that room (exiting the game, change setting) would be too much of a pain. I mean, if it can't be done, I guess I'll have to live with it. But if there's a way to replace the SFX, I'd definitely want to try that.

Share this comment

On 11/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, sufu said:

So I know that the DOF scales like this : 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096. I play in 4k, and the DOF is nonexistent. If I scale the DOF down with that scale you end up with DOF that's way too pixelated and looks bad, you scale it too far up it's not even present. There is no middle ground. Not sure how the PS2 handled it but when I play SH3 on PCSX2 in 4k the DOF is perfect. I guess this isn't a "huge" problem, but I feel like DOF adds a lot to the game. 

I'm having the same issue. The perfect example and most important cutscene for it (Douglas at amusement park) just doesn't work out with it. I don't know if there's a middle ground to set it to.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, sebsehr13 said:

thanks for the reply ..is this the file you need ? everytime it goes to the white screen i need to reset the pc i cant evan get in to task manager to stop it

Where did you get the game from? I wonder if the game files are corrupted somehow.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Nessu said:

I seeee. Yea, I'm playing in 60 fps. How would you replace the SFX with a 60 fps adjusted version? I just can't play this game in 30 anymore (60 has spoiled me) and switch just for that room (exiting the game, change setting) would be too much of a pain. I mean, if it can't be done, I guess I'll have to live with it. But if there's a way to replace the SFX, I'd definitely want to try that.

I don't actually know how to do that. I will add an option to the next version of the mod to automatically drop the framerate to 30 in that room.

I'm pretty sure the bad looking DOF is a DX8 limitation so there is not really anything I can do about that.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Steam006 said:

I don't actually know how to do that. I will add an option to the next version of the mod to automatically drop the framerate to 30 in that room.

I'm pretty sure the bad looking DOF is a DX8 limitation so there is not really anything I can do about that.

An option for that to toggle in the ini would be great, again, thank you for your hard work. It's greatly appreciated!

The DOF I'll just deal with, it's fine. Lowering it just makes certain scenes in the BG look bad, way more noticeable because the game looks so good on a 4K monitor. I'll just keep it at 4096.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Steam006 said:

Where did you get the game from? I wonder if the game files are corrupted somehow.

i guess it is possible but i did reinstall it unless it dosent like the crack..but i should note that the older versions of this mod seem to work ii tested one of them that still had the dll injector 

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, sebsehr13 said:

i guess it is possible but i did reinstall it unless it dosent like the crack..but i should note that the older versions of this mod seem to work ii tested one of them that still had the dll injector 

Are there any files in the sh3_Minidumps folder?

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, Steam006 said:

Are there any files in the sh3_Minidumps folder?

I did not check this i cant seem to find that folder  now i did howerver try installing it from the dvd and as long as i played from the disc and did not use the cracked exe the latest mod worked. I have gone back  to the earlyer version with the dllinjector for now sense that one works without the dvd. but i may test it again and see if i get it working. where is the minidumps folder is it gone sense irenistalled it ?

Share this comment

59 minutes ago, sebsehr13 said:

I did not check this i cant seem to find that folder  now i did howerver try installing it from the dvd and as long as i played from the disc and did not use the cracked exe the latest mod worked. I have gone back  to the earlyer version with the dllinjector for now sense that one works without the dvd. but i may test it again and see if i get it working. where is the minidumps folder is it gone sense irenistalled it ?

The minidump folder should have been in the game folder but it's gone now that you reinstalled the game.

I've never seen this problem before. The game gets stuck when it's reading audio files.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Steam006 said:

The minidump folder should have been in the game folder but it's gone now that you reinstalled the game.

I've never seen this problem before. The game gets stuck when it's reading audio files.

im not sure if it ever was there before but i cant seem to find that folder is it just supposed to be in the game derectory along with the exe files and all that i could try another reinstall.

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, sebsehr13 said:

im not sure if it ever was there before but i cant seem to find that folder is it just supposed to be in the game derectory along with the exe files and all that i could try another reinstall.

i found the minidumps file after reinstaling it and having the mod crash agian.. there are quite a few files in it

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, sebsehr13 said:

i found the minidumps file after reinstaling it and having the mod crash agian.. there are quite a few files in it

Zip the folder and upload it to filetransfer (google it). Send the link to me in a PM.

Share this comment

Something else I forgot to mention, is there anyway to get the rumble on controller to work properly?

I'm playing through Steam and the controller only rumbles a bit when I'm low on health. It doesn't rumble via cutscenes.

Good example since I just made it there: The cutscene where Heather is talking to Claudia first time in the Church and she's bending in pain. You're supposed to feel the rumble periodically signifying the pain and it's absent altogether.

Share this comment

On 12/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, Steam006 said:

Zip the folder and upload it to filetransfer (google it). Send the link to me in a PM.

done

Share this comment

On 12/3/2023 at 11:11 PM, Nessu said:

Something else I forgot to mention, is there anyway to get the rumble on controller to work properly?

I'm playing through Steam and the controller only rumbles a bit when I'm low on health. It doesn't rumble via cutscenes.

Good example since I just made it there: The cutscene where Heather is talking to Claudia first time in the Church and she's bending in pain. You're supposed to feel the rumble periodically signifying the pain and it's absent altogether.

I'm guessing the rumble in cutscenes was removed when the game was ported to PC. It could possibly be added back by the mod but there would have to be a timer for each cutscene to know when to start and stop the rumble.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Steam006 said:

This is fixed now in 2.5.8.

@Nessu The option "LimitFPSInStoreroom" has been added to the ini,

Cool! I'll have to check it out sometime.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, Steam006 said:

This is fixed now in 2.5.8.

@Nessu The option "LimitFPSInStoreroom" has been added to the ini,

awsome il check it out when i get the chance

Share this comment

Hey, friend, how are you? hope you're doing alright.

So, I ran into some issue over here. When Claudia points at the missionary and the camera zooms on him, the cutscene turns into a festival of pixels. But it only happens when I leave the noise filter on during that fight, If I disable it, the cutscene just goes out fine.

Is there any way to fix this? Here's a pic of how it looks

:cpmkj35t81321.jpg?width=2592&format=pjpg

3mr77uwjb1321.jpg?width=2592&format=pjpg

Share this comment

22 hours ago, lucastrev99 said:

Hey, friend, how are you? hope you're doing alright.

So, I ran into some issue over here. When Claudia points at the missionary and the camera zooms on him, the cutscene turns into a festival of pixels. But it only happens when I leave the noise filter on during that fight, If I disable it, the cutscene just goes out fine.

Is there any way to fix this? Here's a pic of how it looks

I don't know I've never experienced that before. Is this on a laptop or desktop? Which GPU?

Share this comment

22 hours ago, jamesjohnjohnes12 said:

i have a problem when zip the file, an error show up.

Use 7-zip or winrar.

Share this comment

So, I downloaded the game on myabandonware then this fix and pasted the files in the main folder where sh3.exe is. However, I'm having a couple issues: My character is running very slowly, the game looks zoomed in and the visuals look pretty bad. It's nowhere near as clean as this video for example. Was I supposed to paste the files in the data folder ? Am I missing something ?

Share this comment