Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

SURPCAmour

Split/Second: Annoying Cutscenes

The game seems to be extremely unpopular so I couldn't find anything on the web:

Is there anyway to effectively disable/remove in-game cutscenes ("Coming Up"s and "Next Time"s)?

They're annoying and unskippable and simply removing them does not work: the irrelevantly TV like subtitles are still shown and then there's black screen.

THX in advance.

These are .bik video files under data\movies\season in the installation folder. I don't have this game to test but usually you can simply rename/delete .bik files to skip over them.

A few games will show errors if .bik files are missing, so in that case you'd need to replace them with blank .bik files (you can make these yourself or grab any replacement from the wiki, e.g. Haegemonia: Legions of Iron intro skip, and use a renamed copy for each file).

Ah, so it's playing the FMV as a background for manual subtitle text. Unfortunately there's not much you can do in that case without some way of editing whatever file contains the subtitles.

Ah, so it's playing the FMV as a background for manual subtitle text. Unfortunately there's not much you can do in that case without some way of editing whatever file contains the subtitles.

Well only the Next Time vieos, playing at the end of an episode have subtitles (which I believe are some texture files rather than text files), the Coming Up videos that'll cause black screen if removed, don't have any subtitles or any other text. As I mentioned before there's barely any information about it on the net so there are no mod/edit tools available anywhere. Thanks again.

Edit: Aluigi has a bms script for the game though I don't think the game will work with edited archives or extracted files; if I manage to work it that is. Anyway will report again.

Edit: Nope, stops working. God damn Disney!

Finally DONE; out of nowhere I thought that maybe it has something to do with the bink files being empty, so I replaced one with an abrupt bink from PURE (fadefromblack.bik or sth like that) and so far it has worked without any problem, so I think you can replace them with any bink files regardless of length and size, just no empty ones!

Finally DONE; out of nowhere I thought that maybe it has something to do with the bink files being empty, so I replaced one with an abrupt bink from PURE (fadefromblack.bik or sth like that) and so far it has worked without any problem, so I think you can replace them with any bink files regardless of length and size, just no empty ones!

I was going to ask if you could do something like that but nevermind, hurray. Could you upload the file from PURE on PCGW?

It's no problem, but May I do that? I think it's some kind of copyright violation or sth, I see IF I can make some vids myself and then convert them to bink with RAD tools.

I never got it to work, I once made a 1 second long black video but it always crashed the game, but if you can get it to work then that would be cool.

Well I made the file, barely a second, and it works BUT I'm of pretty low level so I cannot upload any files yet.

Well I made the file, barely a second, and it works BUT I'm of pretty low level so I cannot upload any files yet.

I was able to but I had to get them approved at first. Could you upload it on mediafire then or something like that?

This download only contains one file (P1010869.bik). Is that what it's meant to be?

Yes, you can replace any unwanted ".bik"s (At least Split/Second's) with this one, or copies of it, I took it with my camera, then proccessed it with Any Video Converter, then "binked" it with RAD video tools so there wouldn't be any possible Copyright problems. Is the file alright (malware and such)?

I'm pretty sure 1 black frame long bik existed somewhere (for ME2 or another UE3 game iirc).

That's the correct solution, not throwing those of other games.

EDIT: found them

Yes, you can replace any unwanted ".bik"s (At least Split/Second's) with this one, or copies of it, I took it with my camera, then proccessed it with Any Video Converter, then "binked" it with RAD video tools so there wouldn't be any possible Copyright problems. Is the file alright (malware and such)?

​

The file is fine, it's just that skip downloads on the wiki are normally pre-packaged for a game's specific file names (so all you have to do is extract and play).

​

The file is fine, it's just that skip downloads on the wiki are normally pre-packaged for a game's specific file names (so all you have to do is extract and play).

I'd be grateful if someone here does it, there are 24+ in-game videos, the file (the replacements I mean) would be too large for me to upload.

I don't understand how 24 1KB files (which if solid compressed still make a 1KB archive) could be too big for you to upload.

Well my net connection sucks, and believe it or not, to this point I knew nothing about "solid" compression; yeah Lame. Uploading...

Well my net connection sucks, and believe it or not, to this point I knew nothing about "solid" compression; yeah Lame. Uploading...

For 50KB? Cmon. 

And I was talking about solid compresison in 7-zip, but even rar should be fine I guess.

Btw.. is it normal I get a green screen when playing those videos?

For 50KB? Cmon.

Yes it does.

Btw.. is it normal I get a green screen when playing those videos?

Yes. I get it too but only in-game, I think it's b/c of extremely low bit/data rates.

Yes it does.

Wtf? The HTML code of this page alone is already 20KB.

Yes. I get it too but only in-game, I think it's b/c of extremely low bit/data rates.

Mhh.. Perhaps you should check the one I linked. It's just a single black frame it seems.

Encoding Bink files in certain ways will make it show green in other players. I haven't checked to see whether the green is also shown in games since I use a method that doesn't do this (unoptimised PNG to Bink).

Wtf? The HTML code of this page alone is already 20KB.

My upload speed sucks.

Mhh.. Perhaps you should check the one I linked. It's just a single black frame it seems.

You mean the GRAW one? will check that.

Encoding Bink files in certain ways will make it show green in other players. I haven't checked to see whether the green is also shown in games since I use a method that doesn't do this (unoptimised PNG to Bink).

Actually it shows green in-game, playing with RAD tools or MPC, it's black and full of artifacts. Will give that PNG thing a try.

So I "bink"ed a simple black png file, doesn't work, same as those "empty" ones, but GRAW's work. I think it should be at least one second; also, too lazy to create "proper" non-greenish replacements.

Why at least a second? Don't you just need a black frame to skip as fast as possible your nuisance?

BC S/S crashes ("has stopped working") on "empty" (one frame) Binks, (like the ones Garrett refers to in page 1), so it has to be more than one frame.

I don't think empty and one frame are synonyms.

Said this.. I guess GRAW's biks would probably be the best solution, aren't they?

I don't think empty and one frame are synonyms.

Said this.. I guess GRAW's biks would probably be the best solution, aren't they?

1.Don't know, both crash btw.

2.Yes.

3.It'd be nice to know how they are made. two image files? darkened videos? I'd expriement but I got a new windows install and have to reinstall my apps; and overwhelmed with a lot of games. also LAZY.

Don't know, both crash btw.

One frame is exactly what GRAW skip fix is afaik (blank doesn't necessarily mean always empty, right?)

It'd be nice to know how they are made. two image files? darkened videos? I'd expriement but I got a new windows install and have to reinstall my apps; and overwhelmed with a lot of games. also LAZY.

Mhh.. perhaps an older bink tools version?

One frame is exactly what GRAW skip fix is afaik (blank doesn't necessarily mean always empty, right?)

Mhh.. perhaps an older bink tools version?

Sorry I'm SUPER-late

1.GRAW skip fix is definitely longer than one frame, well at least longer than Garret's files or those I binked with his instructions (png to bik)

[they seem to work with most other game, this one however is a little bit odd I'd say]

2.You mean older ones had more options?

Oh, you are right. I checked them with radinfo, and I can see three possible differences.

1. 1280x720 VS 720x400 resolution
  2. 6 VS 1 frames
  3. Stereo 48kHz 16 bit audio track VS none

The difference must reside between these things.

Sorry I'm SUPER-late

1.GRAW skip fix is definitely longer than one frame, well at least longer than Garret's files or those I binked with his instructions (png to bik)

[they seem to work with most other game, this one however is a little bit odd I'd say]

2.You mean older ones had more options?

Sorry, which bik file did you use again (the one frame one which worked correctly)? The one you made or Garrett's? Could you link it again?

Sorry, which bik file did you use again (the one frame one which worked correctly)? The one you made or Garrett's? Could you link it again?

One-frame ones, that Garett (and/or others) has created, do not work on this peculiar game (results in either CTD or black screen), they should be more than one frame, like those I "binked" or those Mirth linked (for GRAW originally). There's no need to link again, all the links are on either pages of this very topic.

One-frame ones, that Garett (and/or others) has created, do not work on this peculiar game

It's not necessarily that.

There are other differences as I said.