What's the origin of your name?

Andytizer

Miser - I've always used a different name online but whenever I went to signup for Xbox Live I wanted to use the name Mister Clarence. Some error occurred while creating the account and the website was now saying the previously available name was unavailable now. Instead of coming up with a new name I decided to take the 't' out and hoped nobody noticed. Friends then started calling me Miser and it stuck.

Mendozacheers has quite the story. 5-7 Years back or so I decided to change username, because my last one was too common. I had to find something unique, rememberable and something that sounded okay. At the time I was in a clan, or community that was playing a lot of Halo: Combat Evolved (this was still before I got around using Steam). I first went with the username Cheerio for quite awhile (maybe 2 years or so), then I realized that Cheerio was too common as well. Had to evolve. I think there was a NPC in Halo called Mendoza, for some reason that stuck to me (I am not Hispanic). I simply merged the two into Mendozacheers.

Now, I wonder why I went with Mendoza, people always seem to believe I understand Spanish. I also get a lot of comments about the length, so people just call me Mendo.

Mendozacheers has quite the story. 5-7 Years back or so I decided to change username, because my last one was too common. I had to find something unique, rememberable and something that sounded okay. At the time I was in a clan, or community that was playing a lot of Halo: Combat Evolved (this was still before I got around using Steam). I first went with the username Cheerio for quite awhile (maybe 2 years or so), then I realized that Cheerio was too common as well. Had to evolve. I think there was a NPC in Halo called Mendoza, for some reason that stuck to me (I am not Hispanic). I simply merged the two into Mendozacheers.

Now, I wonder why I went with Mendoza, people always seem to believe I understand Spanish. I also get a lot of comments about the length, so people just call me Mendo.

It probably doesn't help that Mendoza is also a place in Argentina, so it makes it sounds like you are cheering on your hometown :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to belong in a clan, and one of the members, phonetically spoke the first letters of my name, resulting in JayAreEmCee and then I proceeded to shorten it to JRMC afterwards.

My name comes from a character in Lineage 2 that died during the race war called Rumiel . He was a poet and one of the quests there had u go kill orcs to find pieces of his poetry . I needed an elven name since I really like playing elves and changed the i->y because i liked it more how it looked . And FrostFlame is because i like the idea of a blue flame that freezes everything ( the opposite of fire in a way ) since elves are water mages ( at least in l2 they are) and hate fire because it destroys. Usually in a games if i cannot play as elves or i play as a human i put the surname CrymsonFlame :) . I choose Rumiel as a base for my name because almost nobody new who he was since not everybody reads the quest before taking it :)) , it is a good reminder of how much I loved that game . 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fascinated with economics and anthropology.  My favorite topic is the Lost Decade in japan and their decade or two of immense stagflation.  Hikikomori's sort of grew out of that, when you have strain on employment and high bars for competition in the workplace mixed with old money being rich and young money being poor with low opportunity, you get this reverse system where the old take care of the young instead of the reverse.  Mix in negative birthrates, social and cultural differences and humans do weird things.  I'm oversimplifying things but its better than writing nonstop about it.  Now I just get people asking me if I like the name because of the anime "Welcome to the NHK", which is a good anime, but not the reason I use the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...