- Submitted: Oct 14 2017 04:07 PM
- Last Updated: 4 weeks ago
- File Size: 758.52KB
- Views: 167
- Downloads: 27
- Approved by: Garrett
- Approved on: 4 weeks ago
Download Warcraft Mouse Helper 1.1
Warcraft orcs humans mouse helper utility
This little utility allows for better mouse controls in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans when played in DOSBox under Windows. Specifically, it maps the game's built-in keyboard commands to the right and middle mouse buttons (for giving orders) and mouse wheel (for scrolling the map), allowing you to use them in the game, and enables clicking and dragging to select multiple units without having to hold down the CTRL key. It works without adding any noticeable input lag so that the functionality feels native to the game.
- Left click and drag to draw selection boxes around multiple units without having to hold down the CTRL key.
- Right click to order units to move, attack or harvest/transport goods. (Can also be used to build walls when the town center is selected)
- Middle click to order units to repair or stop. (Can also be used to build roads when the town center is selected)
- Use the mouse wheel to scroll around the map. (A horizontal scrolling mouse wheel and Windows Vista or later are required for left/right scrolling)
- Click the 4th and 5th mouse buttons to scroll left and right, respectively. (This is for mice without horizontal scrolling mouse wheels or pre-Vista machines)
- Arrow key scrolling is slowed down to be usable (and consistent with mouse scrolling).
- Press the ESC key to open and close the Options menu (rather than having to press the F10 key to open it and ESC to close it).
- Since right click is used for both move and harvest, peasants and peons that you try to move will automatically harvest nearby resources once they get to where you tried to move them. If that becomes annoying, you can simply middle click in order to give them explicit move commands.
- Since right click is used for both move and attack, moving a warrior to one of your own buildings will order him to attack it, so just be careful about doing that.
- Set "output=openglnb" in DOSBox's dosbox.conf if you're going to play the game in fullscreen. This is necessary or else right clicking will likely work only in windowed mode. If it still doesn't work, replace your DOSBox with the official version or a different SVN build. Setting "output=opengl" will also work, but that applies bilinear filtering which makes the game image blurrier.
a) Run WarcraftMouseHelper.exe before running Warcraft. It'll stay in memory while DOSBox is running and exit when DOSBox exits.
a) Copy WarcraftMouseHelper.exe to the folder where you have DOSBox.exe.
b) Run WarcraftMouseHelper.exe instead of DOSBox.exe. It will launch DOSBox.exe for you, stay in memory while DOSBox is running and exit when DOSBox exits. If WAR.EXE is found (in the same folder, ..\WAR, ..\WARCRAFT or ..\Game), it will automatically launch that in DOSBox. Any parameters passed to WarcraftMouseHelper.exe will be passed along to DOSBox.exe (ex. if you were running "DOSBox.exe -noconsole -exit" before, run "WarcraftMouseHelper.exe -noconsole -exit" now).
This utility is simply a compiled AutoHotkey script. If you're not satisfied with the given mappings or functionality and would like to tweak them, the source script (WarcraftMouseHelper.ahk) is in the "src" folder. You will need to download AutoHotkey from www.autohotkey.com to compile it. In the folder where you installed/extracted AutoHotkey will be a "Compiler" folder. In there is Ahk2Exe.exe, which you can use to compile your modified WarcraftMouseHelper.ahk into a new WarcraftMouseHelper.exe. An icon for you to use is in the folder with WarcraftMouseHelper.ahk. For help with using AutoHotkey, see the help file (AutoHotkey.chm) that comes with it. Tip: If you must play in fullscreen and aren't willing/able to change your DOSBox settings to enable right click functionality, you can always replace the MButton mappings in the script with the RButton mappings and then just use middle click to harvest/attack/move, instead.
What's New in Version 1.1 (See full changelog)
- Added the ability to scroll the map with the mouse wheel.
- Changed harvest to right click (since that's probably what players expect and will use a lot).
- Changed repair to middle click (since it can't be the same button as harvest and is used a lot less).
- Changed wall to right click (since there's no reason why it couldn't be).
- Changed the 4th and 5th mouse buttons to scroll left and right, respectively, for mice without horizontal scrolling mouse wheels.
- Slowed down arrow key scrolling in order to make it usable (and consistent with mouse scrolling).
Other files you may be interested in ..
A week ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Oct 14 2017 04:24 PM
Oct 07 2017 05:00 PM
Sep 13 2017 07:31 PM
Sep 03 2017 03:28 AM
Sep 01 2017 10:56 PM
- 880 Total Files
- 19 Total Categories
- 95 Total Authors
- 1436029 Total Downloads
- New Colossus Tweaker Latest File
- Methanhydrat Latest Submitter
175 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 171 guests, 0 anonymous users
Yahoo (1), Google (1), Bing (2)