Scarlet Nexus ultrawide, superwide, multimonitor fix

12 Screenshots

About This File

Compared to the existing solutions from WSGF made to remove the black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions, this tool perfectly matches the vertical field of view of each scene to that of 16:9, also allowing to see and adjust the current FOV in real time.

1. Download the archive and unpack it using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the tool.
  3. Apply the fix before the main menu appears or at the main menu before loading into a game.

All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Inspired in part by killer-m's work.

Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

Microsoft Store / Game Pass trainer created.
Renamed the Steam trainer archive to reflect its purpose.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, is there a permeant solution to setting the widescreen (I.E Getting rid of those Black Bars) as its annoying to have to keep opening up the tool and toggling it on before starting ?

Share this comment

On 10/1/2021 at 12:04 AM, Rose said:

Yes, updated the page with a trainer for that.

First of all, thank you very much for your work 🙂, but i have strange issue, your patch only works if i first run another file from you (for dark alliance).

Normally when i run this tool nothings happen in the game, using the function keys do nothing. But when i run your patch for the dark alliance, i start the game, type f9 in the menu, close DA tool and run the patch for Scarlet - everything works fine.

Share this comment

I'm trying to get the game to work through game pass but after downloading the file you made i'm getting the error code "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" 

It then deleted the file. 

I tried going to properties and giving full control in the security settings with no luck. Any ideas to fix this ? 

Thanks! 

Share this comment

13 hours ago, minibeau said:

The fix doesn't seem to work anymore with the new update that released (version 1.08)

Works just as before on my end on Steam.

Share this comment

Sadly it doesn´t work for the Game Pass version. F3 and F4 work correctly for FOV changing  but F9, for removing pillarboxing, won´t work, the screen flashes for a second but nothing happens.

Share this comment

On 6/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, mrfriki said:

Sadly it doesn´t work for the Game Pass version. F3 and F4 work correctly for FOV changing  but F9, for removing pillarboxing, won´t work, the screen flashes for a second but nothing happens.

Just tried it today, it DOES work in Game Pass, but only once in game. Cutscenes are pillarboxed. 

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Darktalon said:

Just tried it today, it DOES work in Game Pass, but only once in game. Cutscenes are pillarboxed. 

The FMVs do not have more content to show at this width, so they are limited to 16:9:

image.thumb.png.3596da5e2c2758cd6d3607a9f3d5cecb.png

The real-time rendered cutscenes are still hor+ on my end on Game Pass (installed that version just to test today):

image.thumb.png.a9bbaa63a943e645eb11e617eadc3900.png

Share this comment

On 9/5/2022 at 12:29 AM, Darktalon said:

My bad, you are right. I've installed it again and this time is working. Last time wasn't working though. The only thing I think I´ve changed this time is switching from fullscreen to borderless window. On a side note if you load the fix after the main screen loads it won't work on that screen. In the description it says that the fix can be used before the main screen or before loading a save. Since I was starting a new game rather than loading a save the last time maybe that also what I was doing wrong.

Anyway it works perfect now, thanks!

Share this comment