Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) Letterbox Remover/Ultrawide Fix 1.0.2

3 Screenshots

About This File

This is a patcher for Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) that removes the letterboxing at non 16:9 resolutions.

It is made using quickBMS to extract UI resource files and replace the letterboxing textures. 

To install:

• 1. Extract the contents of the zip to "steamapps\common\Yakuza Like a Dragon\runtime\media\data"
  • 2. Run "letterbox_patch_efigs.bat"
  • 3. A backup of the original files will be placed within a folder marked "backup".

Known Issues:

• Due to the nature of how the game was made, you will see outside of the 16:9 window. You may see visual glitches and so on that would have been hidden otherwise.
  • New patches for the game may break this. If it does, delete the backup folder and run the patcher again.

Credits/Sources:

What's New in Version 1.0.2   See changelog

Released

Removed PT language as it appears to have been removed from the game in the latest patch.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It works perfectly, even after the 4 updates from Steam (only is necessary reinstall the patch after an official update).
Thank you very much for the effort!

And for those who want to see the result I leave my gameplay at 3840x1080 (32: 9) 🐲

Share this comment

Thanks, but the patcher doesn't update all the files with different languages that game is currently support. Can the patcher be extended for Russian and other new languages which were added with the February game's update? Thanks again.

Share this comment

Could the patch be updated to support the game pass version if possible? thanks!

Share this comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The small patcher and trainer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance remove black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions.

For the Microsoft Store version,
      Download and unpack the applicable archive using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the button as shown to toggle the black bars off and on. For Steam,
      Unpack the Shipping exe found in /CotH/Binaries/Win64/ with Steamless (like this). Download the applicable archive from here and patch the unpacked file renamed to match the original. Simply patching should work for any other versions.

Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and briefly at 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint removes black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions.
      Disable BattleEye. Download and unpack the archive included here. Use the patcher to modify GRB.exe and/or GRB_vulkan.exe depending on the preferred graphics API mode - DirectX vs Vulkan. Be mindful of the backup files taking up as much space as the original executables. They can be safely removed, but then the game files will need to be verified if the goal is to revert or to play PvP.
      Tested the latest Ubisoft Connect version at 2560x1080. Additionally verified as working by a WSGF user.

• By Rose
      The tool allows to change the field of view in real time.
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip - the password is pcgw Launch the game Launch the tool and press the keys as instructed All trainers based on CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested the latest Microsoft Store / Game pass version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      The tool corrects the vert- FOV scaling (often described as the zoom-in effect) affecting ultrawide and wider resolutions. Corrected, the vertical FOV of each scene matches that of 16:9.
      See the wiki article if interested in manually correcting the gameplay FOV only.
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the hotkey as shown to enable or disable the fix. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Inspired by killer-m's work.
      Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.
    • By Rose
      Unpack the archive, then use the tool to patch two game files as guided.
      This unlocks all resolutions and removes the pillarboxing (black bars).
      Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 378 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online