About This File
This is a patcher for Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) that removes the letterboxing at non 16:9 resolutions.
It is made using quickBMS to extract UI resource files and replace the letterboxing textures.
- 1. Extract the contents of the zip to "steamapps\common\Yakuza Like a Dragon\runtime\media\data"
- 2. Run "letterbox_patch_efigs.bat"
- 3. A backup of the original files will be placed within a folder marked "backup".
- Due to the nature of how the game was made, you will see outside of the 16:9 window. You may see visual glitches and so on that would have been hidden otherwise.
- New patches for the game may break this. If it does, delete the backup folder and run the patcher again.
- QuickBMS (https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm) for the unpacker/repacker.
- parc.bms (https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/parc.bms) for the quickbms script.
- Kiwami 2 Letterbox Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736864221) for pointing me in the right direction.
- Thanks to KingKrouch and Rose on the WSGF Discord for advice and testing.
What's New in Version 1.0.2 See changelog
Removed PT language as it appears to have been removed from the game in the latest patch.