About This File
Includes all versions of the patches available.
What's New in Version 1.4
- v 1.4:
- This patch will work the existing registered versions of Prey (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3)
- v 1.3:
- This update includes compatibility files for the Mac port of Prey (meaning PC users can play against Mac users and vice versa).
- There are no bug fixes or new content in this release.
- This release is backwards compatible with Prey 1.2 multiplayer.
- There are new server files available. Windows versions come with the patch, Linux versions are available separately.
- In order for a Mac user to play on a PC pure server, the server they are on must have the v1.3 server files.
- v 1.2:
- This add-on includes new maps and multiplayer models as well as a number of bug fixes from previous versions. Please note that this version is network incompatible with previous versions, so by installing this version you will not be able to join any 1.0 or 1.1 multiplayer servers.
- This add-on includes four new multiplayer maps and six new multiplayer characters.
- New DeathMatch Maps:
- The original DM maps in Prey were best suited for 4-8 players. The maps in this add-on were designed for smaller number of players, especially for 1v1 or 2v2 play.
- DM Gravity Lab: DMGravityLab takes place on board a floating extension of the Sphere's main Spindle. Players will find themselves running along wallwalk and hanging catwalks all throughout the map. Snipers get to have fun this time around with a large outdoor section complete with wallwalk platforms and portals. Designed for 6 players.
- DM Topillogical: The first Prey DM map to feature Outward Gravity. Run 360 degrees around the inside of a giant Sphere to get the best firing position on your enemies. Intriguing side-rooms offer gravity-warping corridors and devious wall-walk ammo depots. Fast-paced action for 4 players.
- DM Tunnel Rat: Danger lurks in all directions but down in this maze-running map designed for 6 players. Sharp twists and turns conceal danger at every corner, but eyes up! A mirrored version of the maze forms the ceiling above you.
- DM Space Oddity: DM Space Oddity is designed for 4 players and features a large central crossover room with perpendicular gravity pathways. Rack up the kills by dominating the crossover with a rocket launcher!
- New Multiplayer Models:
- Several new character models are available in DM, three female characters and two alien characters:
- Jen: Jen is Tommy's girlfriend, and the owner of the Roadhouse bar. Don't let her dainty looks fool you: all those years of serving drinks to random travelers have toughened her up and made her quite the ass-kicker.
- Becky: This young blonde is an unfortunate victim of the Sphere. First aliens abduct her and now she finds herself fighting for her life in a deathmatch arena!
- Elhuit: The leader of a race of humans who managed to hide and survive living on the Sphere for centuries.
- Mother: Mother is a tough, enigmatic character. All you need do is prove your worth.
- Alien Hunter: The Hunter is part of a race taken by the Sphere long ago. Now the Hunter serves as one of the chief minions of the Sphere, acting as an enforcer force for any humans who try to escape.
- Elite Alien Hunter: Same badass Hunter, cooler-looking armor.
- Bug Fixes:
- Network protocol version bump (will no longer be able to see 1.1 or 1.0 servers).
- Installer will now update uninstaller. This fixes the missing installer problem.
- Game DLL interface bump for upcoming mod SDK release (so mods will only work with v1.2)
- Fix for a weapon switch exploit.
- v 1.1:
- Multiplayer bandwidth optimization to allow better play on higher latency connections.
- Fixed projectile effects not showing up on dedicated servers.
- Fixed crash at startup due to time/date validation on some systems.
- Fixed crash at startup due to querying old OpenAL drivers.
- Fixed an occasional crash on the dedicated server.
- Fixed a crash when using image_usecache cvar with very big textures. Textures whose lowest mip map doesn't fit will be default texture. This was causing a crash when a modified prey was loading "Mother's Embrace".
- Fixed a crash on some machines when reading savegames.
- Some timedemo features not appearing if you restart prey between record/playback.
- Added widescreen resolutions to menus.
- Updated multiplayer browser to fix servers not showing up due to DNS resolution.
- Updated multiplayer browser not keeping join button up to date when server summary wasn't the active tab.
- Updated multiplayer browser so punkbuster icons show up in their column properly.
- Updated multiplayer browser so mod games' icons show up properly updated multiplayer browser so server scanning is more consistent on slower connections.
- Fixed multiplayer weapon exploit.
- Bumped network protocol version. Unpatched games will not be able to play online with patched games. This means that if you are playing v1.0, you can not play against or on servers running v1.1 (and vice versa).