About This File
Official patch for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
What's New in Version 242
- ULTIPLAYER ENCRYPTION:
- All multiplayer races are now encrypted to provide an added level of
- FORCE FEEDBACK OPTIONS MENU:
- Force feedback settings under the Options menu are now properly linked
- to the device.
- FORCE FEEDBACK BEHAVIOR:
- Force feedback settings will now produce torque on steering wheels and
- flight sticks. Game pads will remain rumble only. Some game pads will
- attempt to emulate torque by rumbling. You may adjust the amount of
- vibration using force feedback settings under the Options menu.
- MULTIPLE FORCE FEEDBACK DEVICES:
- If you have multiple force feedback devices, force feedback will only be
- active through the device that is mapped to steering input.
- LOGITECH (TM) WINGMAN FORMULA GP & LOGITECH MOMO FORCE WHEELS:
- The game now recognizes separate gas and brake mappings for Logitech
- Wingman Formula GP and Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP pedals. To
- use this feature, go to the Start menu, select Settings, select Control
- Panel. Within Control Panel, double-click Game Controllers, select
- your Logitech device, and click on Properties. Click on Settings within
- the Properties window, and uncheck "Pedal reported as... Combined".
- Note: This only applies to LOGITECH wheels, other wheels should assume
- combined axis mode to work properly with NFS HP2.
- THURSTMASTER (TM) FORCE FEEDBACK RACING WHEELS:
- The game now maps the gas and brake pedals correctly for Thurstmaster
- Force Feedback Racing Wheels.