Audio Settings - Surround Sound

Satsun

Under 'audio settings' I've been checking 'true' if a game has surround sound and then I realized that I wasn't taking that heading literally enough and decided that I need to be checking 'false' if the game doesn't actually have an option for various speaker configurations. Most games now days just auto detect the user's speaker configuration based on how they have their speakers configured in the operating systems sound device configuration. I'll be going back through and cleaning up changes I've made in the past and updating notes.

I think the current standard has been that automatic handling of features counts as true as long as the result is correct. Another example of this is widescreen resolution handling in games that run at the desktop resolution rather than providing a resolution option.

Yeah, I was thinking about that.

Since the table says "Native" then if a game supports surround sound I suppose that box should be checked regardless of if there is an actual option in the game's settings.

Maybe instead of the heading saying "Audio settings" it should say "Audio features".