Help for new poster

Sk3pt1kal

I recently started contributing to this wiki and have hacked through this page from scratch to help with the GOG.com enhancement project.  Wondering if i could get feedback on what i might be doing wrong and what might need to be done further on this page to improve it.  Thank you!

Thanks for contributing! I edited a few things, here's the changelog of my edits if you want to see it. The only notable ones were the cloud syncing template and a few changes to the system requirements. 

If you want to check which games are supported by GameSave Manager, see here for a constantly updated list. If a game doesn't support GSM and isn't on Steam the template is essentially unnecessary.

My changes to the sys reqs were minor. I remove extra, empty rows simply because system requirements almost never change, so leaving them is a bit of a waste of space.

Other than that the page looks great!

I've corrected a few details.

DOS games were intended for 4:3 screens so the resolutions should always be false unless there is a source port that adds proper widescreen behaviour. Surround sound, mouse acceleration and mute on focus lost are also always false in the absence of a port since DOS doesn't have those features.

Calibrating controllers in DOS games isn't necessary except for games that refuse to proceed without calibrating; in the case of gamepads it can cause the issues you noted because the game is expecting a joystick that can touch corners. I played a bit using an Xbox 360 Controller without in-game calibration and it seemed to work fine.

Field of view is only relevant for games that have a 3D camera perspective (mostly first/third-person games). 2D games like this don't have a field of view concept so the parameter can be left blank for such games. A future template update will add an N/A option for such cases.

Field of view is only relevant for games that have a 3D camera perspective (mostly first/third-person games). 2D games like this don't have a field of view concept so the parameter can be left blank for such games. A future template update will add an N/A option for such cases.

Also - if, I understand 3D rendering correctly - anisotropic filtering would be blank, as it's a technique used to removed artefacts caused by rendering textures in 3d perspective.

Also - if, I understand 3D rendering correctly - anisotropic filtering would be blank, as it's a technique used to removed artefacts caused by rendering textures in 3d perspective.

Oh, yes, AA and AF should be blank for games that only use 2D elements (sprites or vector graphics).

Oh, yes, AA and AF should be blank for games that only use 2D elements (sprites or vector graphics).

antialiasing can be used on any 2D elements afaik

@Sk3pt1kal

you have done a very good page (stub could also be removed, i think)

the only thing you could note is to try to merge the edits

Thanks for looking at it :-)

I also have a question or two about what exactly "mouse input in menu"s means. Like, does it mean that you can use a mouse in an ingame menu???

Am a little confused about it, since I never saw a PC game that deosn't have that kind of controll.

And secondly, if a game deosn't support widescreen resolutions, is it safe to assume it also won't support Ultra-Widescreen and 4k Resolutions?

Thanks for looking at it :-)

I also have a question or two about what exactly "mouse input in menu"s means. Like, does it mean that you can use a mouse in an ingame menu???

Am a little confused about it, since I never saw a PC game that deosn't have that kind of controll.

And secondly, if a game deosn't support widescreen resolutions, is it safe to assume it also won't support Ultra-Widescreen and 4k Resolutions?

yes, but no widescreen resolutions should be sufficient (i mean, it's already obvious)

anyway mouse input in menu means that the game menu can be used with the mouse

some games for example let you use only the keyboard arrow through it

Hi there, I'm new here and also wanted to ask for some feedback, be it negative or positive, for this page, if possible.

Thank you.

I made a few minor changes:

• "Gog.com Community Discussions" vs. "GOG.com Community Discussions"
  • We've changed "Improvements" to "Essential improvements" for that section title. It's also meant to go under the Availability section (See the Sample Article for the section order)
  • Alphabetized the Availability table. Retail stays at the top because it'd interrupt the flow of the table. The only other exception is the "Developer website", as that usually is the most profitable purchase source for a developer. Other than that it'd go in alphabetical order.
  • A few relatively unimportant changes to the system requirements

Other than those few minor things the page was well-done, thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I figured this is the best thread to start, I didn't want to create another one. My apologies if this isn't the right section.

I've been using this great wiki for about a year and it's been really helpful since I started playing on my PC again. I just signed up because I would like to edit a page (Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition) and add some information about Input lag. I was having some trouble and found this post on the Shoryuken forums and after trying it it works. So I would like to edit that section, the frame limiter option is obsolete.

I read the manual section and sicne this appears to be a major edit, I figured I should ask first before editing. Thanks for your assistance.