Help for new poster

Sk3pt1kal

You also have the option of leaving an explanation of the fix (along with the link you provided to the Shoryuken forums) on the Talk Page for the article for someone else to put into the page, if you don't really feel comfortable with editing the page yourself.

As Mirh said though, I would recommend trying to edit it yourself. If you make a mistake it's not a big deal at all, another editor will surely fix it pretty quickly and help you to not make the mistake next time. Everybody makes mistakes, especially when we're new to the site!

Thanks for your interest in contributing :D

Thanks for the answers! I have some experience working on a wiki, so I'll go ahead and add the fix. I'll leave the other one alone for now, it's always good to have other options.

edit: I added the fix on the page, hopefully it's ok for a first try. I put all the steps but maybe it's a bit overkill. Please let me know what you think.

If the input lag is caused by the bugged v-sync, I would propose something like I did with dead space (you could also mention it and point directly to forcing v-sync page). I mean, claim the v-sync as hackable, do a quick mention in the issues fixed section and you are done.

Otherwise (I can't understand this thing..) if the problems are due to high fps, link this page
Remember: v-sync ≠ fps cap

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't 100% sure what the cause was, so went back and did some testing.

I used the ingame benchmark and Training mode in the Training stage to see what works best. The framerate option is always set to Fixed. Here's a few results:

- no V-sync option at all: game runs around 70-75 FPS in the benchmark, so the game feels sped up. In training mode the game locks at 60 FPS, no input lag.

- ingame V-sync option active: same result as above in the benchmark. In training mode on the other hand, the game feels sluggish and input lag is felt. But the game stills locks at 60FPS.

- Nvidia V-sync option active: the game locks at 60FPS in the benchmark. In training mode it locks at 60 as well, no input lag.

The ingame V-sync option is definitely the culprit as far as I can tell. So I'll use the text from the V-sync page.

If when you say "the game feels sped up" you are referring to the smoothness of the movements.. it's ok..

but if instead (as I believe could be) the game is sped up as if it was fast-forwarded then, please note this fact in the high framerate notes

I took the liberty to merge everything that should be needed in the template itself. I hope I didn't forgot something..

Also, I know very few about the game series, but is it normal that both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition point to the street fighter IV article ?

I took the liberty to merge everything that should be needed in the template itself. I hope I didn't forgot something..

Also, I know very few about the game series, but is it normal that both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition point to the street fighter IV article ?

The Wikipedia article for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is separate, so I'd definitely recommend separating the pages.

The Wikipedia article for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is separate, so I'd definitely recommend separating the pages.

Unless there are significant technical differences between these two, I wouldn't. Ultra Street Fighter however might warrant a separate page as GFWL shutdown is nearing and it goes further apart from the original.

I read on wikipedia the arcarde edition is both a DLC for the original game and a standalone game (correct if I'm wrong)

So I think that -maybe- players' opinions could be better than ours

I read on wikipedia the arcarde edition is both a DLC for the original game and a standalone game (correct if I'm wrong)

So I think that -maybe- players' opinions could be better than ours

It's a stand-alone expansion. The games are likely pretty similar when not talking about gameplay.

Guest Guest

FIFA RTWC 98 is not working.

The patch is non-functioning...

Any pointers ?

All I get when I try to run the PatchInstall.bat is a message "Error: Failed to copy file 'C:\Windows...(insert path here).sdb' and "Error: Failed to delete file 'C:\Windows (path).sdb" and "Error: Couldn't delete 'Fifa98 Patch' from registry'

So, this is clearly not the solution for playing FIFA RTWC 98 on a windows 8.1 pro machine...

I must mention I have installed nGlide, but that doesn't help either...

Any help would be appreciated.

All I get when I try to run the PatchInstall.bat is a message "Error: Failed to copy file 'C:\Windows...(insert path here).sdb' and "Error: Failed to delete file 'C:\Windows (path).sdb" and "Error: Couldn't delete 'Fifa98 Patch' from registry'

The fix installer works fine for me on Windows 8.1 Pro. Try the following alternative steps:

• Download and install the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit.
  • From the Start screen launch Compatibility Administrator (32-bit), or Compatibility Administrator for a 32-bit version of Windows.
  • Click Open.
  • Select the fix from this archive (fifartwc.sdb).
  • Choose File>Install.

These steps also work for any other *.sdb fixes.

Thanks for the cleanup, I'm still not used to the template. I forgot to add an explanation to the changes, didn't see the Summary box until looking for it.

I don't know enough about the PC versions of the game, but they both use the same basis. A new page for Ultra would make sense, even if it'll use the same basis again.