Looking to upgrade my PC, but don't know where to start or if to just buy new.

Hey all, I'm not really sure how this site works, but I think that y'all can probably help me with new PC stuff, I have an OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop, the stats of which can be found here (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06125965) but i have started to feel the strain on some newer games, ex. MWIII, which I meet the minimum requirements for, but not the recommended. I want to upgrade my desktop, but I know almost nothing about where to start, I think i asked some people a while ago on a discord, and they said my power supply needed to be upgraded, or that my motherboard did, and looking at the MWIII requirements, my graphics card seems to be out of date as well. Does anyone know what I should do, or where I can find the info that I need? Thanks all!

Hello! Since you've got a pre built PC from HP, I doubt that it could be upgraded much. OEM prebuilts usually use proprietary parts which makes it almost impossible to upgrade especially the CPU and motherboard. I would suggest starting from scratch with a new pc, building a new pc is daunting and a little difficult for first time builders but there are plenty of tutorials on how to do it and the benefits are worth it over a prebuilt PC. As for what to buy? I can't really provide a parts list before you say what's your budget and wanted features are.