Option to stay logged in on Wiki

dave247

Currently the option to Remember Me when logging in only has it so you don't have to visit the login screen and type in your account details, but it doesn't seem to keep you logged in the next time you visit the wiki when you close the window or browser, making it somewhat annoying and easy to forget when editing a page that you weren't logged in. This doesn't affect the forums however and only the wiki itself it would seem, and I have tested it across multiple browsers (including the age old Internet Explorer) that I highly doubt it is just me.

Is it a purposeful design decision, something that simply hasn't been implemented yet or is it really just a bug on my end?

It's a known limitation of the current SSO functionality of the wiki system. Our sysadmin is aware of the issue, however to fix it I believe he needs to rework it or something like that, something he have yet have had time to do.

But yeah, we're all basically affected and it will be solved eventually 🙂

Fair enough, figured time was the most likely reason, something that we never have enough of. 

Good to know it's on the list of things to be worked on though as it will make for a much needed convenience. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, Aemony said:

Sorry for the delay -- our sysadmin will work on the SSO integration in August so hopefully it'll be fixed in a couple of months.

Thanks for the update, hope to see it fixed soon.

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, Zorklis said:

It isn't fixed right

See

Another thing on this shared by Aemony is that upgrading to a newer version of MediaWiki may help address the issue without the need to write anew but we still have to finalize the move from SMW to Cargo, which is what Garrett has been working on.

We have now engaged a very experienced MediaWiki developer who has done lots of work on familiar sites eg StrategyWiki, and we are looking at deliverables for the SSO fix in mid-November. However in order to implement the fix we must also upgrade MediaWiki. However in order to do this, we have to remove all the code related to SMW as this is no longer compatible with MediaWiki 1.35 on our setup. Therefore we hope that the volunteers working on SMW to Cargo migration are able to complete everything before the year is up, and we can implement the upgrade + SSO fix before the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...