About This File

Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast

HD level loading screens

------------------------------------------------

by ND (Quiet Bob @ PCGW)

This is a set of high-resolution loading screens for Jedi Outcast, for both mission mode and multiplayer levels. My aim was to replace the default set - which is extremely low-resolution - with better visuals, while staying as close to the original as possible.

Loading screens in Jedi Outcast are basically screenshots of the levels. I recaptured them in full HD. These images were later rescaled to work in-game. I used high quality conversion in an effort to preserve most detail. The end result are loading screens which are of 16x higher resolution: the default set is only 256x256, mine are 1024x1024.

I substituted two of the loading screens. The original ones used for Cairn: Bay and Yavin: Temple are taken from pre-rendered low-res FMVs. Since these can't be captured in high quality, I replaced them with in-engine screenshots from the corresponding levels. I also added a loading screen for Nar Shaddaa: Streets.

Before and after image comparison:

---------------------------------------------

JO_load_1lo.pngJO_load_1hi.jpg

Installation

------------

Just place the file Jedi_Outcast_HD_loading_screens.pk3 in your GameData\base\ directory. Enjoy!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.