About This File

This PWAD restores the red cross icons back to DOOM 64.

What's New in Version 1.01

Released

Changes for v1.01
- Replaced the xdelta patch with a PWAD which will prevent you from doing this again if the game's IWAD gets updated
- Reduced the size of the replaced medkits by using pngcrush
- Rewrote the instructions
---------------------------------

This PWAD will restore the original red cross icons on the medkits in the game.
First go to the DOOM 64 folder. To access the folder, right-click on DOOM 64 in your Steam library, hover over Manage > and select Browse local files.
Copy uncensored.wad from this zipped folder into the DOOM 64 folder.
Go back to your Steam library, right-click on DOOM 64, select Properties... and then select SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...
Enter the parameter "-file uncensored.wad" without quotes and click OK.

Thanks to Zeikar on Steam for the original instructions and providing the uncensored files.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1148590/discussions/0/1870623125772922501/#c1870623125773045336
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2028148168

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Tried spending the last hour making and testing a PWAD for the game made using SLADE and it doesn't seem to load at all regardless if I use the -file parameter or drag the PWAD on the executable.

Made a mistake by forgetting to add S_START and S_END to the PWAD.

Share this comment

Minor question, why are the link to the Steam Community thread duplicated ? I removed the duplicate a while back but it seemed to come back when you updated the file... 🤔

Share this comment

Has anyone tested this on the Bethesda.net version of the game? I know everyone loves Steam, but this sure has to work on that version too... And as far as I can recall, the other Doom games doesn't need the Bethesda.net launcher after you installi it.

I wish I could tell you about that last part.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Aemony said:

Minor question, why are the link to the Steam Community thread duplicated ? I removed the duplicate a while back but it seemed to come back when you updated the file... 🤔

Made a mistake and meant to link the Steam Guide that was made. I corrected that just now.

Share this comment

Could you get around disabling steam achievements if you just replace the sprites in the main .wad file with the uncensored ones with something like SLADE?

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, Username said:

You can bypass achievements getting disabled by injecting the sprites into the game's IWAD using Slade.

Confirmed!

I first tried that by going to the original solution. Remember to overwrite the sprites by importing them into their destinations instead of dragging and dropping and unchecking the box iwad_lock in Edit > Preferences > Advanced.

Share this comment