PCGamingWiki will use a Single Sign On (SSO) system to bridge wiki and forum accounts which is ready for testing. You may login using the 'Login with PCGamingWiki' button on both the wiki and the forum, which will soon be the only option. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Or the curse of GOG not using the original icon for games, take your pick. 

The GOG version of The Curse of Monkey Island does not include the original executable, and as such the original icon is missing (due to GOG always using a different icon from the original). Additionally, the Steam version uses a lower resolution than the original (32x32 instead of 48x48). The icon provided here is taken from the retail executable and upscaled to scale nicely on Windows Vista and newer (as well as Linux).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By SirYodaJedi
      The 2011 and Steam releases of Sonic Adventure DX only have a 64x64 desktop icon. PkR on SonicRetro made a hi-res mockup of a 256x256 version, which I have converted into icon format (SADX 2011 and Steam by PkR.ico). I have also included the 2004 release's icon (SADX 2004.ico), as well as a version of it with transparency bugs fixed that Blue Spikeball made (SADX 2004 fixed by Blue Spikeball.ico).
    • By SirYodaJedi
      Due to using ScummVM and not having the original disc images, the GOG (and presumably Steam) versions of Toonstruck are missing the original icon (intended to be used with a PIF shortcut). I have provided it here, along with versions that add a transparency effect to make the icon look cleaner (although I had to shift everything left one pixel to make an effective border). The Steam version of the icon also is lacking a 256x256 version, so I created one using waifu2x-caffe. 

TOONSTRK.ICO is the original icon, with a solid black background.
      TNSTRK95.ICO removes the background while using a solid black line to accentuate details. It should be in a format compatible with Windows 95 (it's also compatible with Windows 3.1, but you really shouldn't be playing it that way).
      Toonstruck original with transparency.ICO is the same as TNSTRK95.ICO, except it is integer-upscaled to 256x256 (with several intermediate versions).
      Toonstruck Steam +256.ico is the icon used by Steam, with the addition of a 256x256 version (cutesy of waifu2x-caffe).
    • By SirYodaJedi
      This is a simple enhancement for the default desktop icon for Crysis 1. The default icon maxes out at 48x48, so I found a high quality render (thanks DuelZ) that matches the original icon and cropped it appropriately to the same proportions as the original icon to create a 256x256 icon to make full use of that Windows Vista goodness.
    • By SirYodaJedi
      The icon embedded in the executable for Anodyne 2: Return to Dust has blurry interpolation between pixels, despite having an original resolution of 16x16. This even affects the 16x16 version of the icon, so it likely is some weird quirk of Unity. I have manually recreated the icon pixel-by-pixel and integer upscaled to all major icon resolutions except 24x24 as to achieve a pixel-perfect upscale.
    • By Carefully
      Need for Speed: Most Wanted - HiDPI icon
      By TripleZet https://www.deviantart.com/triplezet
      Source: https://www.deviantart.com/triplezet/art/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted-HiDPI-icon-745415159 
      Original icon for NFS: Most Wanted reworked in high resolution to look as close as possible to original 32x32 one.
      If you need something bigger than 256x256, feel free to use 640x640 PNG preview (from Source)
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)