2 Screenshots

About This File

This is a simple enhancement for the default desktop icon for Crysis 1. The default icon maxes out at 48x48, so I found a high quality render (thanks DuelZ) that matches the original icon and cropped it appropriately to the same proportions as the original icon to create a 256x256 icon to make full use of that Windows Vista goodness.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By SirYodaJedi
      This is a simple enhancement for the default Win32 icon for Doom 3. The default icon maxes out at 48x48, so I took the texture pentastic1.dds from the demo and created an icon with a maximum resolution of 512x512.
      Pentastic1.dds is 512x512, but the DXT1 compression results in severe macroblocking. Therefore, it has been cleaned up with BlueAmulet's 1xBC1Smooth2 ESRGAN model. Additionally, all the original icon sizes are taken from the original icon due to the texture becoming less clear at resolutions below 64x64.
      Doom3.ico is the icon. pentastic1.dds is the original texture, and Pentastic.png is the version cropped to a circle and cleaned up.
    • By SirYodaJedi
      The icon embedded in the executable for Anodyne 2: Return to Dust has blurry interpolation between pixels, despite having an original resolution of 16x16. This even affects the 16x16 version of the icon, so it likely is some weird quirk of Unity. I have manually recreated the icon pixel-by-pixel and integer upscaled to all major icon resolutions except 24x24 as to achieve a pixel-perfect upscale.
    • By SirYodaJedi
      Or the curse of GOG not using the original icon for games, take your pick. 
      The GOG version of The Curse of Monkey Island does not include the original executable, and as such the original icon is missing (due to GOG always using a different icon from the original). Additionally, the Steam version uses a lower resolution than the original (32x32 instead of 48x48). The icon provided here is taken from the retail executable and upscaled to scale nicely on Windows Vista and newer (as well as Linux).
    • By SirYodaJedi
      This icon is a replacement for the default icon that comes with the Steam version of Spec Ops: The Line. The default icon is only 48x48, whereas this recreation is 256x256.
      Comparison: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/gallery/album/147-spec-ops-the-line-icon-comparison/
      I made this a while ago and don't remember where I got the assets, but I've also uploaded the source assets in a RAR archive, in case you are interested.

• By SirYodaJedi
      The GOG version of Blade Runner '97 does not include the original executable, and as such the original icon is missing (due to GOG always using a different icon from the original). The icon provided here is taken from the retail executable and upscaled to scale nicely on Windows Vista and newer (as well as Linux).
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 209 Guests (See full list)