Driver: San Francisco crashing on startup when Ubisoft Connect is online

When the game starts to load it just crashes to the desktop without an error. But when I launch Ubisoft Connect offline it's perfectly fine. Why is this? Months ago on my previous OS I could access it no problem. Ubisofts fault or did I get banned or something?

If I know Ubisoft right, they've shut down their phone-home servers for the game, leading to all sorts of huge problems and annoyances at random in-game moments.

This is known to also affect Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and is probably also affecting a dozen other early 2010's Ubisoft games.

This might be a quite a bit of a far guess, but it it might be a similar nonsense as what I experienced with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, where if you try playing that game with Uplay / Ubisoft Connect not working in offline mode, their library for online connections just looses access to lobby system and instead of having it handled properly, just does returns null pointer, that then has no check and just causes memory access violation. Cause Ubisoft is great at programming stuff.