Support gg.deals

charged_tank

I am going to be against that, but that's on personal bias. gg deals was created by Lowcy Gier - a Polish website also tracking deals. I've had quite a negative experience with them - once, when I managed to win 2nd place in one of the competitions they've organized, but till this day - due to incompetence of competition organizers - I have not received my prize... and then multiple times over the last few years, where they have been heavily defending Epic's actions against criticism (like because they earn money from EGS sales via referral links).

Finally, on more objective side - I just don't see a point of adding it, when they don't seem to be doing anything above or below of what IsThereAnyDeal is doing.

7 minutes ago, Suicide machine said:

Finally, on more objective side - I just don't see a point of adding it, when they don't seem to be doing anything above or below of what IsThereAnyDeal is doing.

GOG and Steam sync?

They also have superior page about current deals and special pages like https://gg.deals/deals/best-deals and https://gg.deals/news/?availability=1&type=6

I just don't use any other website, including isthereanydeal...

7 hours ago, Suicide machine said:

One huge downside, at least for me: registration requires a public steam account. Normal registration with email/password is not even possible.

7 hours ago, happy_hamilton said:

One huge downside, at least for me: registration requires a public steam account. Normal registration with email/password is not even possible.

I forgot how my registration was and how it is now... You can safely hide your Steam and GOG account only for wish-list and collection sync.

I had private Steam profile with gg.deals for years and only synced when it was needed.

15 hours ago, Suicide machine said:

they earn money from EGS sales via referral links

So do PCGW and IsThereAnyDeal 😉
It's hard not to defend the Support A Creator program. We promote Steam for free but get nothing in return. Epic, GOG and other platforms give back.

gg.deals is better than store.steampowered.com and gog.com because:

1. I can hide owned games! ("User" column, "Hide owned games"

2. I can hide games owned on other platform without need to click "played on another platform" (ignored anyway now) for every game

The point on registration requiring a Steam account is very important. Steam is the biggest store but there are people who don't have a Steam account. Until it's possible to sign up without Steam, it shouldn't even be discussed as a replacement for ITAD.

• 2 years later...

GGdeal (very nice design) and istheranydeal are very good, but I prefer https://Allkeyshop.com, which is way above the loyalty program that is worth more than the rest.

Allkeyshop has been comparing prices for over ten years. All sellers are listed, including the official ones; there are over 130,000 games from what I have read.

There is no hypocrisy with official or unofficial sellers like ggdael...  Allkeyshop displays all sellers! It's up to us to choose.

Moreover on Allkeyshop the prices are fair! The payment fees applied by the sellers are included.

The others hide these fees and it is frankly nonsense...

• 3 months later...