Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo

I just watched this properly and I think it is impressive how well Repawn has graphically presented the Star Wars look and feel.

However the overall gameplay looks incredibly generic and boring, especially when we know what a studio like Respawn is capable of. The enemy AI for the Stormtroopers looks braindead and the fights look boring. And there’s too much platforming/traversing in this demo that isn’t interesting.

One of the first proper PC games I played online was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, and I’m not sure if it’s the nostalgia but it feels like later games on that series had more interesting lightsaber action and fighting and certainly this game looks dull in comparison.

I feel like J:FO is aiming to be more of a Force Unleashed-style game than a Jedi Academy-style game. The lack of a blaster is a dead giveaway for that, as well as the much heavier lightsaber (although Padmé does mention in "Holocron Heist" that Anakin's lightsaber was heavier than she expected).

It looks fun in it's own right, though, and Cal seems like a likable character. The lack of an alternative Dark Side ending is definitely disappointing, because that has been a staple in singleplayer Star Wars games since DFII.

This just looks like a remade SW: The Force Unleashed.  With extra Vaseline.  Seriously, I've never seen 4K footage look like 720p until now.  TAA is ruining games ontop of the already bad developer design decisions.. but I digress.

We all wanted a new Jedi Academy, right?  Sad we're not getting one..

*sigh*

1 hour ago, SirYodaJedi said:

I feel like J:FO is aiming to be more of a Force Unleashed-style game than a Jedi Academy-style game. The lack of a blaster is a dead giveaway for that, as well as the much heavier lightsaber (although Padmé does mention in "Holocron Heist" that Anakin's lightsaber was heavier than she expected).

It looks fun in it's own right, though, and Cal seems like a likable character. The lack of an alternative Dark Side ending is definitely disappointing, because that has been a staple in singleplayer Star Wars games since DFII.

Some games I enjoy and treat them like blockbuster action movies - something satisfying about watching millions of dollars unfurl in front of you. It's still looks enjoyable or should I say, consumable. But it's a disappointment given the budget and the potential from the studio.

1 hour ago, DAOWAce said:

This just looks like a remade SW: The Force Unleashed.  With extra Vaseline.  

It really looks like it's been sanded down and then mushed together with vaseline, like it's been polished too much.