Talk pages

Can we create a thread for fixes we've found, to be added later? I still find editing the wiki somewhat difficult, often I don't have the time to write paragraphs and eventually I might forget how I fixed the game in the first place.

Dead Space: Disabling Vsync/running the game at above 30 FPS causes at least one game breaking bug. In 'Chapter 5: Lethal Devotion' Doctor Challus Mercer doesn't appear and the game can't progress (I was stuck quite a while). The easiest way to solve this issue is to momentarily enable Vsync in the settings. I found some sources online, I think one walkthrough mentioned this bug as well.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

I played without vsync (it's impossible to even play in the first place otherwise) and I had no problems finishing the game.

Besides, use talk pages. Hoping you don't find them cluttered with my mumblings.

I played without vsync (it's impossible to even play in the first place otherwise) and I had no problems finishing the game.

Same here. Played the game with 144 FPS and mouse from start to finish. That's why that games articles section has been a mess, because the problems are inconsistant for many and even if the game is playable with high frame rates it's still not playing perfectly like that. 

Because many don't really seem to know how to pinpoint issues.

In DS's case, they are usually related to high fps (albeit I confess I still have to read somebody tackling it at the debugger level).

And that's also why, as per lego star wars fiasco, you should think before "this just works [for me]" fixes.

• 4 weeks later...

That's what Talk pages are for.

I actually forgot about talk pages. Might have happened because everything I've ever written there has been ignored and will likely go unread in the future too.

Besides, use talk pages. Hoping you don't find them cluttered with my mumblings.

Same here. Played the game with 144 FPS and mouse from start to finish. That's why that games articles section has been a mess, because the problems are inconsistant for many and even if the game is playable with high frame rates it's still not playing perfectly like that. 

Do you remember that part where Doctor Challus Mercer appears behind a glass, before unleashing the first The Hunter? I might be wrong, but after reading about the same issue in a walkthrough I took everything as gospel.

I actually forgot about talk pages. Might have happened because everything I've ever written there has been ignored and will likely go unread in the future too.

I've known that as well. Problem with talk pages is that, unlike forum posts, there is no notifications or list of latest replies/newest discussions (at least, none that I know of), meaning you just have to get lucky that someone will have the idea to open the Discussion page of the game you made a discussion on.

• 1 month later...

You serious, nuke talk pages?

Forums are all but directly connected to games/articles themselves.

For the records, if any, newer mediawiki (coming not soon®) has them better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 253 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online